ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Review

bp9801

You cannot deny that ROG boards have been designed with excellent voltage control to maintain very stable voltages and just because it is 8+4 vs 8+8 pin poesnt mean it will perform worse.

This!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Waco, I'm guessing it's just for a little extra stability then :)

yes for stability when you populate all the PCI-E slots with cards like GTX580, you need to add extra voltage to the PCI-E Bus to maintain stability. EVGA discovered this on thier classy boards on the x58 platform so they built a chip to insert in the extra pci-e slot to boost the power to bring stability back.

I was going to go with another evga board for lga2011, but since shimano left it seems they are a bit more sloppy with their products and designs now. I decided to go with asus rive and the board is pretty amazing imo, and shimano who now works for asus is constantly in contact with consumers on the rog fourms, he even wrote a custome bios for a guy haveing issues with a sound card. to me thats worth the 500 dollars.

yeah it was awhile back over a year EVGA announced changes in thier MB department. After that no Bios updates untill everyone threatened to personally return their broken x58 classy boards, then 9 months later we got a new bios to fix something like 50+ issues. It was then that everyone realized who the change was, I'm guessing he was made an offer he can't refuse by asus.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10769-R4E-1103-New-BIOS

thats the bios thread for the rive you can read that and you'll see. Thats pretty much why I decided to go asus this time around, EVGA still has good products, but it's just not as good as it was imo.

yeah it was awhile back over a year EVGA announced changes in thier MB department. After that no Bios updates untill everyone threatened to personally return their broken x58 classy boards, then 9 months later we got a new bios to fix something like 50+ issues. It was then that everyone realized who the change was, I'm guessing he was made an offer he can't refuse by asus.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10769-R4E-1103-New-BIOS

thats the bios thread for the rive you can read that and you'll see. Thats pretty much why I decided to go asus this time around, EVGA still has good products, but it's just not as good as it was imo.

From what I understand most of the EVGA MB staff have gone to other companies now.