780i Motherboard Evaluation

Nemo

Hallo ccokeman,

I think thats a very good an detailed review of the Striker II Formula.

I would be interested in wich cooler you got to cool the Q6600 OC to 450 x 9 Mhz and at wich temperature was it running?

And how did you get the FSB finally to 450 when the motherboard stoppt working at a FSB of 370???

Thank you for awnsers!!!

There was a lot of trial and error to get there but HT voltage has a big deal to do with gaining stability at that FSB. I had tried running up to 1.60 with no luck but 1.70 was the magic number. 1.70 may seem high but it still works. Keeping everything cool is the challenge. I used a Tuniq Tower with a Silverstone FM121 fan for the cpu cooling. Voltage on the CPU was 1.456 in BIOS with temps in the mid 60's with prime 95 small fft testing.

Good luck with your combo!

Thank you for awnser!

I had been interested in this Cooler (Tuniq Tower 120) before but I'm from Europe and its really hard to get this Cooler here.

So I want to buy the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme.

Do you know this Cooler and do you think that it is able,with the Silverstone FM 121 Fan, to do the same as the Tuniq?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
As ccokeman said, it's generally accepted as the best about... I dunno if that fan has a good cfm/noise ratio though.

110CFM 39DB are the specs. It pushes a lot of air for a 25mm thick fan. It is also literally vibration free unlike many 38MM thick fans I have used. Not as quiet as some of the yate loon fans but they push more air and come with a speed control.