Any other epipen carriers out there? Need Advice.

SpeedCrazy

Long story short; i was backpacking last week and discovered that bald hornets are capable of killing me.

Result being now i have to carry epipens. This presents some problems because epipens are supposed to be stored at 77F and not exceed 86F, well i spend 90% of my time out doors working, and SC weather rarely dips below 86F in the summer.

I was wondering if anyone else on here carries an epipen and if so how they store it?

Thanks,

Speed

My ex just kept hers in a backpack or camelback. Also leaves one in the car which I'm sure gets hotter than that. Not sure if that affects their functionality or not.

My ex just kept hers in a backpack or camelback. Also leaves one in the car which I'm sure gets hotter than that. Not sure if that affects their functionality or not.

Well i considered that but given they cost almost $200 a piece i want to preserve them as best i can.

Why not ask your Doctor about it?

I could, but that means going back for another consultation and giving him another few hundred bucks. If i haven't found anything by the time i have to go back i will, but i wont go just to ask him.

As long as they stay "cool" ish they should be alright. I kept mine in my lunch cooler when I was out on the street.

Thats what i figure, but its how to keep them cool-ish that is the problem. I work on a hunt club so if i am out guiding i might be quite a walk from a truck or anywhere a cooler might be kept so it is imperative i have it on my person, at-least till it gets real cold and the critters all disappear. I am looking at some insulated carriers but they all seem to be designed for people who go from ac to ac and wont have to carry it for any amount of time. That said some of the pocket carriers look fairly good but finding a good one that is also insulated is proving to be the problem.

IN that case you need to keep it with you in a pocket or pack so that it is available. When I was outside my truck was usually within 30 to 50 steps away. As long as you are not keeping it over 100f for a while you should be good.

I could, but that means going back for another consultation and giving him another few hundred bucks. If i haven't found anything by the time i have to go back i will, but i wont go just to ask him.

Surely you could just ring your doctor up and talk to him?  :dunno:

Surely you could just ring your doctor up and talk to him?  :dunno:

Well his office number gets the idiot of a PA who diagnosed my bro's strep as a minor bronchial irritation. The doc is good, but his office sucks. That said i probably could get through to him. I'll give that a go.