this kid is insane

damian

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work out 3 times a week and i can't do most of that. I am 5' 11" 175LB, but she also appears very light.

weight doesn't have that much to do with it. it's relative to each individual. being heavy is no excuse. ;)

I work out 3 times a week and i can't do most of that. I am 5' 11" 175LB, but she also appears very light.

weight doesn't have that much to do with it. it's relative to each individual. being heavy is no excuse. ;)

Actually weight does have a lot to do with it - that's why gymnasts are usually very petite.

And that is why Russia is one of the dominant countries in gymnastics.

lol, yep. It's definitely an impressive video, but a lot of it is what gymnasts do on a regular basis.

Actually weight does have a lot to do with it - that's why gymnasts are usually very petite.

And that is why Russia is one of the dominant countries in gymnastics.

lol, yep. It's definitely an impressive video, but a lot of it is what gymnasts do on a regular basis.

Reminds me of an article I read about why King Kong, T-Rex, and all those huge beasts would actually be very weak. The weight of the muscle increases exponentially as the strength of the muscle increases geometrically. 

Weight has a lot to do with it. Not to take anything away from anyone, but it is easier to have a favorable weight:strength ratio when you are light.

Back when I just started working out and was 145lbs I could do all sorts of crazy stuff - pullups all day, etc. Now I am 175lbs and although I am much, much stronger all around I can't do half as much upper body based stuff as I used to :(. On the other hand, I have a certified personal trainer friend who is ~205lbs of muscle and maybe 5'9", benches more then 100lbs more then I can, but I can kill him on a pullup bar :).

Weight has a lot to do with it. Not to take anything away from anyone, but it is easier to have a favorable weight:strength ratio when you are light.

Back when I just started working out and was 145lbs I could do all sorts of crazy stuff - pullups all day, etc. Now I am 175lbs and although I am much, much stronger all around I can't do half as much upper body based stuff as I used to :(. On the other hand, I have a certified personal trainer friend who is ~205lbs of muscle and maybe 5'9", benches more then 100lbs more then I can, but I can kill him on a pullup bar :).

Benching and pull ups use different muscles, so thats not a fair comparison.

My concern is that excessive muscle building prior to completion of puberty can cause developmental problems and stunt growth.