H100i

Shurman292

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea when it will be released in europe? I'm delaying my pc upgrade kit just because of the H100i :cry:

Bad news: I do not know when it will be released in Europe.

Good news: I confirmed the rattling noise is reduced significantly with the fans plugged into an external controller (and presumably the motherboard as well). It's not completely gone but is barely noticeable. Regardless it should be fixed soon with a firmware update.

I played around with the fan settings with the external controller as well. With my i7 930 at 4.01ghz running P95, the lowest fan setting allowed it to get up to 74C while the highest fan setting kept it right around 57C...what I would call a significant difference.

My more formal testing included idle and load temps measured with core temp, motherboard temperature measured with PC Probe II (Asus), and GPU temps (GTX 480) measured with some gadget on my desktop that pulls from Rivatuner. Idle measurements were taken after 10 minutes of inactivity and load measurements were taken after 30 minutes of both P95 running a blend test and OCCT running a GPU stress test. I wanted to ensure the H100i was evacuating heat properly from my system so I loaded it up as much as I could and monitored the motherboard temps.

Zalman 9900

Ambient temp at start of test: 19.44C

CPU idle: 37C

MB idle: 27C

CPU load: 75C

MB load: 29C

GPU load: 83C

Ambient temp at end of test: 19.35C

Corsair H100i

Ambient temp at start of test: 19.11C

CPU idle: 32C

MB idle: 27C

CPU load: 58C

MB load: 29C

GPU load: 81C

Ambient temp at end of test: 18.83C

My conclusion: This is one beast of a cooler. If they are able to iron out the rattling/noise coming from the fans, I would say there is no reason to replace the fans (or buy any other cooler). Otherwise, I might look for some Gentle Typhoons to quiet it down a bit. It looks sick and performs even better than I expected. Kudos Corsair, just smooth out the kinks before you release a product.

post-72669-0-29988700-1353098838_thumb.jpg

post-72669-0-08275500-1353099086_thumb.jpg

Any idea when it will be released in europe? I'm delaying my pc upgrade kit just because of the H100i :cry:

It has been released here in Denmark already, so apparently it has been released in some parts of Europe.

Can't wait till I have enough money saved up for a massive overhaul. My pc is about a year old, so I hope I can sell it for a small amount and use that money for the new build ;)

It has been released here in Denmark already, so apparently it has been released in some parts of Europe.

Can't wait till I have enough money saved up for a massive overhaul. My pc is about a year old, so I hope I can sell it for a small amount and use that money for the new build ;)

Well it hasn't been released on amazon UK , and altough overclockers.co.uk have it they dont ship to Greece :vmad: !

If those fans are really spinning @2600rpm then they are good! But the noise. :-/

I guess you should replace with 2 SP120s.

Yea the Newegg link says they run at 2700 rpm (+/- 10%). They're mighty powerful and quiet when needed, but the grinding just needs to stop :doh:

For the record, I boosted my CPU to 4.2ghz (200 x 21) at 1.3125v, and I'm currently running P95 on small FFTs. It is about nine hours in and stabilized at 68C with fans on full speed (coolant temp 33C at 19.33C ambient). I am not so sure a custom WC loop with a 240mm rad could beat those numbers by much.

I would like to hear your thoughts about how these results stack up to a custom loop.

Update: The new firmware update did a nice job at reducing the rattling to a noise only the most anal people will hear (aka me). Also, the update fixes some temperature reporting discrepancies present in the previous version.