That_Guy's Content

There have been 87 items by That_Guy (Search limited from 21-March 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2167862 Weedcraft Inc Launching on Steam April 11

Posted by That_Guy on 13 March 2019 - 06:39 PM in OCC Front Page News

Seriously. Not even April 20th. And they dare to claim to have something to do with weed #fakenews  :haha:

#2167835 Cinebench R20 Results - Competition

Posted by That_Guy on 10 March 2019 - 12:38 PM in Benchmarks

I5 8600 @ 4.7 GHz

Added a zoomed-in scoreboard after I've realized that the original screenshot is unreadable (native resolution was 3440x1440)

Attached Thumbnails

• Multicore 1.jpg
  • MultiCore.jpg

#2167659 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by That_Guy on 20 February 2019 - 04:03 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Double post again >.< Server misbehavin

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190220_184100_2.jpg

#2167658 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by That_Guy on 20 February 2019 - 04:03 PM in OCC News & Announcements

One more, this time no wraps  :D This is just what I needed to match my Asus PG39Q, imagine a sweet 3440x1440 with G-sync... Oooh, the goosebumps  :D

#2167657 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by That_Guy on 20 February 2019 - 04:01 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Woot woot! More pics coming once I have that beast installed! 

#2167656 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by That_Guy on 20 February 2019 - 04:01 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Err I am getting a server error but both posts go through, eventually... See below :D

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190220_182927_8.jpg
  • IMG_20190220_183628_2.jpg

#2167625 Ordered 16gb of DDR4 & got 32gb ?

Posted by That_Guy on 18 February 2019 - 03:19 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

So I ordered 1 set of G skill 2x8 Drr4 3000  and I received 1 kits by usps and 5 days latter another kit by FedEx 

I was only charged once  so I am very confused 

What did the shipping info say it shipped with? I don't trust FedEx  :unsure:

#2167562 Monster Hunter: World Update with Witcher Geralt Now on Consoles

Posted by That_Guy on 11 February 2019 - 03:26 PM in OCC Front Page News

Geralt of Rivia* :P

#2167518 $190 Million Worth Of Cryptocurrency Assets Locked In Digital Limbo Foll...

Posted by That_Guy on 05 February 2019 - 03:23 PM in OCC Teams

If you have had a tough day at work or are struggling to get through the cold, gray, depressing state of affairs that is February, spare a thought for these cryptocurrency customers.

QuadrigaCX, a Canadian-based cryptocurrency exchange company, has had to confess it is unable to repay almost all of the $190 million ($250 million CAD) it owes clients following the sudden death of its 30-year-old CEO and co-founder, Gerald Cotton, in December last year.

Cotton, it has been reported, was the sole person in charge of the funds. Now, his widow Jennifer Robertson says the information required to access a large chunk of that digital goldmine is locked in limbo on his password-protected laptop.

According to court documents obtained by crypto news site CoinDesk, Robertson said Cotton left no business records, while attempts by a technical expert employed by the firm to bypass the computer's encryption and reach the capital being held in "cold storage" have so far failed. 

"Quadriga's inventory of cryptocurrency has become unavailable and some of it may be lost," Robertson said.

Which means the 115,000 or so users with balances in cryptocurrency and/or fiat money on their account may be unable to collect the cash they are owed. It is not a particularly good start to February.

It is also not the first time QuadrigaCX has been in hot water, legally speaking. The company has been facing liquidity issues since January 2018, when the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce froze $26 million worth of assets following certain irregularities with payment processing.

The matter has been resolved but it has left “ongoing issues”, CoinDesk reports.

Now, Cotton's death is throwing up another set of problems. Robertson announced the news of her husband's passing on social media via the company’s Facebook page on January 14, writing. 

"Gerry died due to complications with Crohn's disease on December 9, 2018 while traveling in India, where he was opening an orphanage to provide a home and safe refuge for children in need."

According to CoinDesk, the company is considering selling off its operating platform. In the meantime, it is due to appear in court in Nova Scotia, Canada, today (February, 5).

And they say you can't take money to the grave...

#2167498 Weedcraft Inc Coming in April

Posted by That_Guy on 04 February 2019 - 04:00 PM in OCC Front Page News

Well, first you need a few million bucks to get a license... So yeah,  basically this game is the only chance for an average Joe to experience the green biz  :haha:

#2167423 Guest_Jim_* Testing Build

Posted by That_Guy on 27 January 2019 - 07:34 PM in OCC News & Announcements

I love the case choice, I haven't seen a case with USB ports on the side before, IMO it's the next best thing since sliced bread. I wonder if inverse cases (if any to be made since Corsair's one) will ever be introduced with a similar feature. (I am actually quite surprised the inverse case idea never took off, you get to see the cool part of your GPU not the boring PCB side)

#2167402 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by That_Guy on 24 January 2019 - 04:09 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Wow, you guys weren't kidding when you said the prizes may arrive this week. I got home and saw this at my front door!

I'll post another pic after I move my system into it, hopefully sometime next week.

Hope all the other winners will get their prizes soon too. Thank you OCC and all the sponsors again!

That case does look sexy

#2167376 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by That_Guy on 22 January 2019 - 06:37 AM in OCC News & Announcements

Shipping info has all been submitted and some winners might even see their prizes this week! So, in the immortal words of Bosco...

Where are the pics you bunch of lazy %$#*&$#(*)#$ :P

Oh, you'll have them aplenty good Sir, so glad to have an inverse case so that I can show off the cool part of that Titan and not the PCB side :D

#2167368 EU Culture Agency to co-fund thirty games

Posted by That_Guy on 21 January 2019 - 08:54 PM in Gaming

The full article on RockPaperShotgun is in the link, what do you guys think about that? Was it the state of Connecticut that supported a game dev and it backfired, I wonder if its gonna end up the same way

https://www.rockpape...gun: Steam RSS)

#2167351 Completely Path-Traced Version of Quake 2 Using RTX Created

Posted by That_Guy on 20 January 2019 - 12:57 AM in OCC Front Page News

For those of you with NVIDIA RTX graphics cards, there is now another game that takes advantage of the GPU's RT Cores, it just might look a little old. Q2VKPT is a proof-of-concept project that has completely replaced the original graphics code of Quake II with a path tracing solution called VKPT. Rasterization is only used for rendering the UI, so everything else uses ray tracing and path tracing. Path tracing and ray tracing are different, as the FAQ at the first link explains, as ray tracing is a primitive operation that does not produce realistic images, while path tracing is the light transport algorithm here that does create the image.

To make this possible, a number of technologies are being used, including the RT cores of NVIDIA's Turing-based GPUs, which are being accessed with the VK_NV_ray_tracing extension. As you may have guessed by that extension name, this is using the Vulkan API instead of DirectX, and so can be run on Linux as well as Windows, provided you have an RTX graphics card. In addition to utilizing the RT cores, an adaptive temporal filter is also in place, which will track changes to the light transport path so previously computed information can be reused, instead of new computations being done. Many modern games use temporal filtering in a similar way, but look only to the image space instead of the high-dimensional space used here.

Even if you do not have an RTX graphics card, you may still want to check out the source links as this proof-of-concept could be demonstrating some of what we will see in the future of games. If you do have an RTX card though, you can also download and try he game out for yourself.

Source: Q2VKPT (images source) and Github Repository

news42240_1-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_2-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_3-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_4-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_5-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_6-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_7-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_8-completely_pathtraced_versionews42240_9-completely_pathtraced_versio

Back to original news post

Can we have Unreal Tournament please? :D

#2167346 2011: Official What Are You Listening To Right Now Topic

Posted by That_Guy on 19 January 2019 - 03:54 PM in Entertainment

It's a youtube link but you'll dig the Chillasfuck Raccon, he/she gets it and so do I

#2167328 Razer Blackwidow Elite green clicky ver

Posted by That_Guy on 18 January 2019 - 07:10 PM in Miscellaneous Hardware

hey now, I was just wondering if any of the reviews have been for the Razer Blackwidow Elite ?

i have one and it's nice CAF ! ... matches my Razer Naga Chroma and Firefly, but even better !!

hmm my pics are not attaching ...weird

I have Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth and I quite like it

Hope this helps :D

#2167312 New to OCC, not new to overclocking.

Posted by That_Guy on 18 January 2019 - 03:33 AM in OCC n00bs

Bikes!

(Until restrictions lifted, I'll have to just post a link to the image, not a direct image link itself.)

https://imgur.com/T6NFrKu

Thats a sweet ride! +10 HP for every decal!  :woot:

#2167291 Microphone robotic noises. Potential motherboard issue?

Posted by That_Guy on 17 January 2019 - 03:31 AM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Wow, bots talking to each other. Anyone else noticed influx of fresh accounts, always with an external link in the post? 

#2167287 New to OCC, not new to overclocking.

Posted by That_Guy on 16 January 2019 - 06:38 PM in OCC n00bs

That was like 3 years ago, got brand new pin stripe paintjob nowadays  :haha: