OCC on hwbot.org

jammin

First of all, a little bit about what hwbot is:

What is hwbot?

"Hwbot is a website dedicated to gathering specifications and benchmarks of computer hardware. You can use hwbot to compare processors or videocards with each other, or to compare your own computer to ten thousands of other people, to see whether it performs well. Hwbot is not limited to one benchmark application, but a whole suite of the most popular benchmark applications available.

Hwbot is unique in several ways. In contrary to other hardware sites, the performance of the hardware is not based on one user experience, but based on a community of thousands of users. This is especially usefull when inspecting the overclockability of a processor or videocard. One reviewer being able to overclock a certain processor 20% over stock speed means very little, but if hundreds of users manage to overclock it by 20% on average, you know a whole lot more."

So basically, hwbot provides a nice way to see a lot of benchmark scores from a wide variety of hardware configurations and from a large member base.

It also allows you to compete with other people with similar hardware to yourself for the highest benchmark scores, or just for the overall high score.

hwbot currently tracks results for the following benchmarks:

-3Dmark 2001

-3Dmark 2003

-3Dmark 2005

-3Dmark 2006

-Aquamark

-CPU-Z

-PCMark 2004

-PCMark 2005

-PCMark Vantage

-PiFast

-SisoftSandra

-SuperPi

-SuperPi 32m

-wPrime 1024m

-wPrime 32m

How it works.

There are 3 ways to submit a benchmark result to hwbot.

1. use the online submission form

2. use a benchmark application which makes use of hwbot external interface, like wPrime.

3. post your score on a hwbot monitored forum

Why Use it?

Apart from being a useful resource for comparing benchmarks results for varied hardware, hwbot also allows teams to be formed.

A large number of forums already have hwbot teams, a list of which can be found HERE.

Of course, teams can also compete to achieve the top ranking. :D

Individuals are ranked within their teams, as well as globally.

OCC also has team, which you are welcome to join. :)

Links

- hwbot home page

- OCC hwbot Team

- Submit a Benchmark Result

- Benchmark List (with download links)

Hope to see you there!

I tried to submit some scores but FutureMarks new website is not working for me? Where did the manager go? I keep getting errors I dont know what is going on. To hell with it, my parts are here, I will submit some new scores soon...

It depends as to what hardware you use as to how many / if you get any points or not.

It is harder to get points with more popular hardware for example (if you have hardware that a lot of people are using you generally need to get more out of it).

You do get more points for getting a high score with more popular hardware as well, so it ends up being pretty balanced.

Edited by jammin