[p]'s Nvidia 780i Overclocking Guide.

[p]wnzor

The un-official 780i Overclocking Guide...short and sweet.

Original posting...http://www.411overkill.com/forum/phpBB3/vi...hp?f=19&t=6

I have found the following voltages to be rock solid from 1066-1800QDR on the 680i & 780i. Of course your RAM and CPU voltages will vary. Yes I still Link/Sync FSB & RAM. Disable all Spread Spectrums & CE1/Speedstep/Thermal stuff. Fans on 100% for now, you can turn them down later. SLI ready memory enabled/expert if you have the option.

CPU ~1.4v (actual via CPUid) a good starting point for Kentsfield >3.2Ghz

Edited by [p]wnzor

Thanks for posting your guide here. I used your 680i guide posted in the eVGA forums. I clocked my former E6600 to 3,2Ghz. Thanks a lot. Now I have my Q6600 @ 3.2 with plenty of room to move up. I should be able to reach a higher overclock.

Thanks for posting your guide here. I used your 680i guide posted in the eVGA forums. I clocked my former E6600 to 3,2Ghz. Thanks a lot. Now I have my Q6600 @ 3.2 with plenty of room to move up. I should be able to reach a higher overclock.

No problem. It's funny I was sitting around, bored, and I googled my handle..[p]wnzor...found my name mentioned on like 20 forums concerning the 680i guide. Since there is a part 2 I felt compelled to share.

PS: Should work for XFX, BFG, & Evga...any 780i reference board, the Asus, DFI, & Gigabyte's use thier own BIOS...so it won't help with them. FYI.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

780i usage has grown to the point where it makes sense for this guide to be pinned... 680i/780i is a lot harder to OC than any other 775 chipset, and Skulltrail is stupid lol

• 1 month later...

Thanks for putting this info up. I have two machines I just built. The first uses a EVGA NVIDIA 780i SLI board with a Q9450 CPU. The second uses a XFX nForce 680i SLI LT board with a Q6600 processor. Both have 8GBs of Corsair XMS2 DHX memory with Corsair Dominator Memory Coolers. Both are also running Vista 64-bit operating systems. The first is liquid cooled and the second is air cooled. I was able to OC the first one to 3.6Ghz and the 2nd to 3.4Ghz. Your screen shots were a real plus! You're right about the voltage on the 45nm processor. It didn't like 1.4, but was stable at 1.45v. The number fit right along with the figures you provided and I still have room to increase on both. For now I'll see how it goes. Just having issues now getting games installed on the first one. I keep getting Error 1935 and some other Visual Basic 2005 error. I've tried looking it up thru Microsoft, but that's just too cryptic for me.

Thanks for putting this info up. I have two machines I just built. The first uses a EVGA NVIDIA 780i SLI board with a Q9450 CPU. The second uses a XFX nForce 680i SLI LT board with a Q6600 processor. Both have 8GBs of Corsair XMS2 DHX memory with Corsair Dominator Memory Coolers. Both are also running Vista 64-bit operating systems. The first is liquid cooled and the second is air cooled. I was able to OC the first one to 3.6Ghz and the 2nd to 3.4Ghz. Your screen shots were a real plus! You're right about the voltage on the 45nm processor. It didn't like 1.4, but was stable at 1.45v. The number fit right along with the figures you provided and I still have room to increase on both. For now I'll see how it goes. Just having issues now getting games installed on the first one. I keep getting Error 1935 and some other Visual Basic 2005 error. I've tried looking it up thru Microsoft, but that's just too cryptic for me.

Hi, im a noob to this ocing and i was wondering if you have a step by step on how to do it. I currently have Nforce 680i and Q6600 cpu which is now water cooled. Any help is appreciate. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, i have been leaving the voltages alone but will be taking a look at them.

Currently putting together a lan party box (mainly for fun).

UFO cube case.

MB: Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6

CPU: Q9450

RAM: 2g of OCZ DDR3-1333 (for now)

HD: 4xSeagate 250G (32m cache) SATA2 drives in a 5in3 drive cooler

PSU: 750w modular..hmm don

Cool thread man, this would have been useful when I kept on trying to get my quad to 4.4 on my 780i. Took long enough to get it up there lol.

• 2 months later...