Good Round Ide Cable Length

I am looking for some round ide and floppy cables. I just don't know what length to get. Is there a standard?

:foldon:

i just got some, they are just standard and work fine, i got into a bit of a muddle fitting them but its easily fixed as they can be twisted really easy. they probably only come at standard size anyway... its weird how different your computer looks without those 3 fat ide cables

MAX lenth you should have for an ata 66/100/133 drive is 36". outside that and you have loss of signal and it starts picking up signals from other things in the case... which leads to data loss and or corruption.

max for cdrom drives is 60" (also includes ata33 drives when using 40 pin/40 wire cables)

Having a full tower case myself, I would recommend a 24" to the Optical drives, and as short as you can get for hard drives(if u use IDE for them, I'm a SATA guy)

Measure the distance between your mobo ide socket and your devices and choose a suitable length. Too long will make your case looks messy. Plan the locations of your devices. ;)

I can agree with that for a bit, but I have changed M/boards a ?? number of times(testing mostly) and have realized that a inch or two extra, works for me. But if you don't plan on "playing with it" less is better.