XMP - system post in safe mode. Happened once after some time pc off.

Hi.  My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB 2133mhz ( XMP 3000mhz ).
Cpu 8700K. When i choose in UEFI first time XMP profile i saved and booted fine to UEFI.
I turn off pc,turn on again after 2 hours, and then, i met screen:
THE SYSTEM HAS POSTED IN SAFE MODE.
This happened just once. Now its booting fine,but i dont know why it booted just once with this message.

This is screen from internet ( not my pc ) ,but the same msg to show:

z37.jpg

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours  . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time.

Memtest not showing errors also.

Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.
Edited by litwicki22

Your motherboard is fine it's most likely a registry issue, if you confirmed CMOS battery is not issue,..

You can check a few things,.. first go into Device Manager, and see if there are any unexpected exclamation marks, if so fix them,..

next go to Start-->RUN and type in MSCONF and OK

System Configuration Utility window opens

In the Startup Selection if you notice that the radio button Selective startup is checked. Change this to : Normal startup - load device drivers and software. DO NOT change anything else, Click OK. restart your PC and should boot as normal. 

If this doesn't solve issue there are a few other things you can check,.. Boot into MS-DOS and restore registry alas, 5 days ago,.. or select a selective boot, and find out what item causes this problem. Then correct it.   

EDIT : geez,.. my bad,.. I did not notice your PC posted into safe mode only once, I thought it was doing this every boot. 

You changed memory to XMP mode,.. you made a hardware change,.. your motherboard if fine!

Edited by Braegnok

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time like overnight.

So it not never happen when i turn off pc and immidiately turn on. Only just when pc is off few hours.
Edited by litwicki22

If it only did this once and you're passing stability stress testing, then everything is OK.  Likely just a first time (and one time) event due to the XMP settings that you applied and then restarted.

I'd just open CPUz or your other favorite hardware reporting tool and ensure that your XMP settings have been applied and are sticking.

I just turned off pc by power button from UEFI just after XMP applied with success. After 2 hours i boot pc and that message appeared.

But like i said...

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then.

2 times, i turn off my pc for 12 hours,booted in morning, and fine again. But i want to be sure thats all is ok.

Memtest not showing errors also.

Unknown.  He has been a member for a while so maybe he is just feeling lonely????

It's been said pretty clearly and repeatedly that if it's a one time event and he is passing all stress / stability testing that there isn't anything to work about.

Not only that, but every single question/ problem he has had, has been him blowing some small and insignificant, one time occurance out of proportion.  At this point I hope it's a troll - and that there's really not a person out there like this.

• 2 years later...
On 1/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, litwicki22 said:

I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time.

Like here:

So what to do now,rma mobo?

Very informative post. I really do hope and pray this stuff works!