DOOM

bp9801

A short teaser arrived today for DOOM, with the full gameplay coming during E3. At least this confirms one of the games Bethesda will have to showcase during its conference. Here's hoping there are others, too! Like Fallout 4...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty excited for this game to come to fruition, if it actually does. :) Doom 3 was the only game I have ever bought brand new on the day of release (for the original Xbox). While I have played through the PC version as well, I loved playing the title on a gaming console with friends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like it'll be alot more like the classics, I actually liked them taking a slightly slower/horror aspect in DOOM 3. It was pretty well done, even though not "traditional" DOOM. I'll keep tabs on this though, looks like fun all the same.

Looks like it'll be alot more like the classics, I actually liked them taking a slightly slower/horror aspect in DOOM 3. It was pretty well done, even though not "traditional" DOOM. I'll keep tabs on this though, looks like fun all the same.

Same, does look more like a return to roots. The slow-paced horror feel of DOOM 3 was nice, but this new one seems like a continuation of the first two classics.

HOW HAVE I MISSED THESE VIDEO UPDATES?! Seriously though, this game is piecing together quite well, in my opinion. Graphics looks great, gameplay looks immersive, and the multiplayer aspect looks appealing as well. Doom Snapmap is also looking like a great tool for content creators, especially for those who are new to map creation.

Not sure if I've missed it along the way, but I'm assuming that the story line seems to be much of the same? If it is, I almost feel like the series never really evolves, it just keeps running the same "idea" of UAC and Mars and such, back and forth, lol. But either way I'm excited for the game. :)

Storyline has you once again on Mars at a UAC facility that constructed demons through experiments. An origin story, basically, explaining how the demons arrived on Mars and started wreaking havoc.