ASUS Rampage V Extreme Reviewed

Bosco

I want this soo bad!

It is expensive though! :doh:

Yes but this is the Extreme platform you know, Most folks playing in this pool are spending a grand on the chip and $400 for memory so the board in that respect is going to be a better value than the Deluxe for the feature set you get if you want a gaming and really high end tweaking feature set. Get anywhere close on the features with another X99 board and the pricing will be comparable. Although there is not much to compare from a feature set when you get to the software, BIOS and hardware.     

I want this soo bad!

Yes but this is the Extreme platform you know, Most folks playing in this pool are spending a grand on the chip and $400 for memory so the board in that respect is going to be a better value than the Deluxe for the feature set you get if you want a gaming and really high end tweaking feature set. Get anywhere close on the features with another X99 board and the pricing will be comparable. Although there is not much to compare from a feature set when you get to the software, BIOS and hardware.     

Well obviously it is for a target audience, but it still doesn't justify the price imo.

I want this soo bad!

Well obviously it is for a target audience, but it still doesn't justify the price imo.

Dont take it the wrong way but unless you have played in that deep end of the pool you are not equipped to make that statement! Its kind of the same thing as saying an SSD is not worth the expense or that a GTX 980 or R295X2 are not worth the price because something else will do the job just fine.

For your usage model yes it is overkill and is not a justifiable expense. For those in the market for an X99 system or just love the ROG features set and will be using multiple GPUS in a high end gaming system featuring multiple monitors Its a means to an end. For Video rendering, Extreme overclocking and tasks that might use the hardware its a justifiable expense. 

The target audience does happen to play in a much deeper pool! 

If I were building a new system with a 2011-v3 socket...this would be the board.

Eventually I'll pony up and jump ship over to the X99 (or the next one like it) platform!