RMA Success Thread 2014/2015

IVIYTH0S

In light of my recent "great success" of a pleasurable RMA with Patriot, I figured I'd create this thread for others to add to. (much like my Rebate Success Thread)

This will give others an idea of how companies are doing in terms of their customer support and RMA turnaround times.

Anyway, here's mine:

Manufacturer: Patriot

Product that was RMA'd: Patriot Gamer Series 12GB 1600MHz (3 x 4GB) (PGS312G1600ELK)

Warranty period on original product: Lifetime Warranty

Product received from RMA: 3x Viper 3 4GB DDR3 1866MHz (PC3-15000) Single Memory Module - Black Mamba (PV34G186C0)

Warranty period on received product: Lifetime Warranty

Time Table:

12/4: RMA# acquired

12/5: Shipped faulty memory out

12/8: Arrived/Received at RMA Facility

12/11: Received replacement sticks

Turn around time: 7 days (5 business days)

Was the problem solved: Yes

Was the RMA easy to setup: Yes

Were you satisfied with turnaround time: Yes

Did they meet or exceed your expectations of a good RMA, and why: They very well exceeded my expectations, I didn't expect them to have replacement/repaired sticks back to me so soon and as an added bonus they actually upgraded me in speed and efficiency!

Would buy from this manufacturer again: Absolutely!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manufacturer: MSI

Product that was RMA'd: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970

Warranty period on original product: 3 Year Warranty

Product received from RMA: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970

Warranty period on received product: 3 Year Warranty

Time Table:

5/8: RMA# acquired

5/8: Shipped faulty video card out

5/12: Arrived at RMA Facility

5/15: Processed at RMA Facility

5/27: Received replacement card

Turn around time: 19 days (13 business days)

Was the problem solved: Yes

Was the RMA easy to setup: Yes

Were you satisfied with turnaround time: Yes

Did they meet or exceed your expectations of a good RMA, and why: They exceed my expectations because it turns out that I don't think my old 7970 was even bad because the new one was still having the same issues as the original. It turned out that once I uninstalled MSI Afterburner, all was made right. It was nice of them to go the extra mile and return a different card to me just in case there was something wrong (though I'm sure the somewhat long turnaround was partly due to them unable to find anything wrong with the RMA'd card)

Would buy from this manufacturer again: Absolutely!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

accidentally made two orders of a laptop from microsoft store today, but only wanted one, ...the process of checking out from the shopping cart at the ms store is behind the times and unlike other online providers;

1. shopping cart doesn't clear when the browser is backed up, and doesn't necessarily even clear when you hit the remove item link...

2. doesnt question to double check the final decision to complete a purchase...

i'll let you know how this mess goes...

Manufacturer: Microsoft Store; Acer Aspire E5-571P-59QA Signature Edition Laptop

Product that was RMA'd:

Warranty period on original product:

Product received from RMA:

Warranty period on received product:

Time Table:

12/16: unintentional double order made

12/16: called microsoft store support to cancel one order, was told by a middle eastern staffer i barely understood that a tracking number must be issued before the transaction can be  stopped.

12/17: called ms store customer service again to inform them that unwanted laptop purchase was showing up as going to shipment and requested that shipping be halted before it went out, i was told by the outsourced phillipino staffer that the unintentional second purchase could not be stopped and that the item had to be rejected upon arrival, and a refund process would begin once ups returns the item to the store.

12/18: called the ms store to find out how it was that the initial computer purchase which was ordered with 1-2 day expedited ups shipping for $16.99. was on the same truck as the other one which had been accidentally ordered with 3-7 day ground shipping, and was promised a partial refund of $16.99 for the expedited shipping upon recipt and arrival...

i was also reassured that the 2nd computer cost would be refunded to me as soon as the ups returned the item and the return procedss was completed.

Turn around time: 03 days (03 business days)

Was the problem solved:  yes up to this point in time...

Was the RMA easy to setup:

Were you satisfied with turnaround time:   yes, the laptop arrived in time for me to set it up before i go back out on the road with it

Did they meet or exceed your expectations of a good RMA, and why:  yes so far, as of today, the unintended 2nd computer is on it's way back to the ms store via ups, but the promised refunds are going to take time...i'm looking at up to 2 weeks for everything to play out.

Would buy from this manufacturer again: yes probably, but i'd be MUCH more careful about how i clear my cart and complete my purchase, and from now on i will always call ahead to check on the shipping times and options before i agree faster expedited shipping...

note to self: be very very careful when buying from microsoft store or i may get more than i bargained for...

final thought: even though i have cleared my ms store shopping cart 5 or more times, and deleted my browsing history,  whenever i log into ms store, my cart shows up as having 1 acer laptop same as the others in it...i don't get it...

Edited by IVIYTH0S, Today, 05:28 PM.

Good idea for a thread! I should go back and check my e-mail's for all my RMA histories.

Thanks, I actually thought I had already made one but I was just thinking of the Rebate thread

accidentally made two orders of a laptop from microsoft store today, but only wanted one...i'll let you know how this mess goes...

Do let me/us know, and don't be a stranger to using my format and posting it up here :)

Manufacturer: Gigabyte

Product that was RMA'd: Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3

Warranty period on original product:  3 Years

Product received from RMA: Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3

Warranty period on received product: 3 Years

Time Table:

10/29: RMA# acquired

10/31: Shipped faulty board out

8/02: Arrived/Received at RMA Facility

08/21: Received replacement board

08/28: New RMA# acquired 

08/29: Shipped faulty board out again

09/02: Arrived/Received at RMA Facility

09/17: Received replacement board

Turn around time on first RMA: 21 days (15 business days)

Turn around time on second RMA: 20 days (13 business days)

Was the problem solved: No

Was the RMA easy to setup: Yes

Were you satisfied with turnaround time: No

Did they meet or exceed your expectations of a good RMA, and why: Took almost a month for them to return my broken motherboard.

Would buy from this manufacturer again: F*ck No

Damn, so the issue wasn't fixed the first NOR second time?

ok mythos, the MS circus is as good as it's gonna get "for today"

Thanks, feel free to update it when ALL is said and done!

Damn, so the issue wasn't fixed the first NOR second time?

ok mythos, the MS circus is as good as it's gonna get "for today"

Thanks, feel free to update it when ALL is said and done!
Idk I never tested it the second time I sold it on eBay. I know dick move on my part but I was sick of it.