Problems with R9 280X and Panasonic TV

drummer1503

So I bought brand new R9 280X grap card and connected to Tv via HDMI. Downloaded 14.4 drivers.

The problem is this:

Whenever I go to YT or watch some movie via Bs player or VLC player every few seconds the screen goes black on 2 or 3 seconds and then returns to normal. The problem has no time rule when it will happen. It can be ok for over an hour and it can go black few times in 10 minutes.

This is the message I get:

http://www.pohrani.com/f/2c/oB/2LFLfZZN/1.png

I tried with 14.4, 14.9 and Omega drivers... same problem. 

Does anyone had or have same problem or does anyone have some solution?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by drummer1503

Not sure what a solution for you could be, or even what the cause of the problem is. I have the same issue at times, and to be honest, I have no idea why it occurs. Sometimes I'll have the IGP overclocked on my APU and that error will happen, and other times I'll have it at stock speeds and it still happens. For example, I've had my IGP overclocked for the last 3-6 hours for some gaming and not one crash. But over the next few days, on stock speeds, it may crash multiple times. Heat maybe? I don't know, but it seems more like faulty drivers to me. Who knows though.

I'd say to take a look at the clocks on the card itself, to make sure that they aren't too high (if you've overclocked). Additionally, check the temperatures. Past that, I'd recommend a full uninstall of your AMD drivers, and then an install with the latest Omega (I know you said that you tried them and you still experience the issue). As a note, however, that didn't work for me with my AMD A8-4500M.

I think you nailed it,.. I have the same issue and message that display driver has stopped working,.. when running "AMD" cards,.. does not seem to mater which Catalyst drives I install with my HD or R9 series cards, but feel it is a driver issue, something with windows not jiving with display drivers and graphics card seems to idle to sleep while streaming video.

I tried new windows install, several display drivers, and adjusting windows power settings. You would think that last adjustment worked and then Bam! black screen,.. lol

Generally I always had CF set-up so I would try running single card and changing cards around,.. I just got tired trying to fix it,.. :wallbash:

I swapped cards and went team green,.. issue gone.

Edited by Braegnok

:mfp:   I only ran AMD cards, up till a few years ago when I bought a socket 2011 motherboard,.. I bought my first Nvidia card a GTX 780.

And if I was going to upgrade today,.. I would more than likely go with Maxwell.

Edited by Braegnok