AMD APU in 2015?

As i do not have a PC in my possession that can handle games, i am thinking about saving up for an APU build in 2015.

The current "high-end" version of the APU series (7850K) doesn't give me the performance i am aiming at in my build.

So i wondered, what is AMD releasing in 2015 in terms of APU's?

The articles i found through Google were all a year old, so i cannot rely on them to be accurate in any way.

So i came to you lot for some advice and information :P

On a side note, i saw Rcokeman testing out the rims on those DDR4 modules, and i was wondering if AMD releases a board on the market that supports DDR4 anytime soon?

I figure the APU's get a massive performance increase of those.

So ya, look at topic title and all that fancy stuff ;P

Thanks in advance btw!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is aimed for medium/high settings at 1080P (if possible), 1280x720 or 1366x768 is also an option, it doesn't have to be 60fps as well, i am very content with 30fps.

No need for max settings since all developers use crappy optimization these days anyway, so i won't aim for that.

I currently posses a laptop that is more than shit for gaming, it can hardly do Facebook properly lol.

So anything is better than that piece of shit xD

The reason i am going for an APU is that i do not have the funds for anything better anytime soon.

I can make my mini pc while i am at it, so in time i will ask for a mini itx case (like really mini lol).

But no one knows what AMD is releasing in 2015 then? :P

Well, it is aimed for medium/high settings at 1080P (if possible), 1280x720 or 1366x768 is also an option, it doesn't have to be 60fps as well, i am very content with 30fps.

No need for max settings since all developers use crappy optimization these days anyway, so i won't aim for that.

I currently posses a laptop that is more than shit for gaming, it can hardly do Facebook properly lol.

The reason i am going for an APU is that i do not have the funds for anything better anytime soon.

I can make my mini pc while i am at it, so in time i will ask for a mini itx case (like really mini lol).

I suspect there isn't a good used market there, for surely you'd do better for less if you could get some old i5s or i7s as well as a $100-$200 used card.

I suspect there isn't a good used market there, for surely you'd do better for less if you could get some old i5s or i7s as well as a $100-$200 used card.

The thing is, when i buy an i5 or i7 second handed, plus a dedicated video card, i might as well go all out.

Like i said, i do not have those funds. Even second handed i would be well over 400 euro's and that is not something i can spend atm :P

While I don't have any useful information to add to this thread, as I haven't heard anything about APUs being released next year, the name of the game here is efficiency. With an APU, it's hard to beat the performance per watt for the price that APUs offer. That's why they interest me, because for the little amount of money they cost, they deliver excellent processing and graphical performance. Dedicated GPUs of course offer the best performance, but APUs have their place in the market, especially for a light to medium gaming unit that can be used as an HTPC.

While I don't have any useful information to add to this thread, as I haven't heard anything about APUs being released next year, the name of the game here is efficiency. With an APU, it's hard to beat the performance per watt for the price that APUs offer. That's why they interest me, because for the little amount of money they cost, they deliver excellent processing and graphical performance. Dedicated GPUs of course offer the best performance, but APUs have their place in the market, especially for a light to medium gaming unit that can be used as an HTPC.

A 750 Ti and just about any Intel chip will excel at both duties IMO.