Help choose a new monitor

Voltes_5

So, my old trusty Hannspree 27 inch  monitor just went and crapped out on me couple days ago. Lasted almost 9 years.

My system is strictly for gaming. It consists of an i5 2500K 4.9/2x4gb G.Skill/GTX 680 SLI/Corsair AX 1200 psu. Was gaming on 1900x1200 res.

Here are my two choices so far. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29-ips-led-hd-219-ultrawide-monitor/9222018.p?id=1219399592125&skuId=9222018

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-27-widescreen-flat-panel-led-hd-monitor-black/4964245.p?id=1218586474100&skuId=4964245

Don't want to go bigger than 27", I sit in front of my desk. I tried hooking up the 32 inch LED/HD tv and its just too close. I can't move further back due to the mouse and keyboard.

Leaning towards the LG Ultrawide, looked pretty good when I went to check it out at the Bestbuy store.

Budget is $300 to $450, any other suggestions are welcome. Again, this is for my gaming only system.

Nice one IVI, the plus is that the vendor is supposed to be at California. That would save me a lot for shipping. When I input my zip code, it still says free shipping, but sent an email to the seller to confirm if it is free shipping. If thats a no go then Gremlin's suggestion is a possibilty, I still am on the Amazon Prime free shipping trial. Thanks guys, Have not really kept up to date as far as pc monitors go, had no reason to I guess while my old one was working. 

The ultra-wide will give you better image quality and a nice gaming experience. I have one and love it. Only issue I have is a few games do not seem to scale well. Having an issue right now with DAI and the UI scaling for setting the companions AI. However I can tell you that moving from my 29" ultrawide to a 27" 1440 is painful my games do not look right any more.