Do you need an upgrade?

Black64

Just saw the specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity that were released today and they are high, very high. I barely make the recommended specs, but I think I still might upgrade.  :teehee:

What do you guys think? Can you you run it?

Minimum PC system requirements:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card

Recommended PC specs:

Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

Additional requirements:

Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit versions only)

DirectX Version 11

DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with the latest drivers

50 GB available HDD space.

Edited by Black64

Is it another PC port? If so, it figures. Developers getting lazy.

Might as well buy a PS4 or XB1 if you need to upgrade to play on the PC. Maybe that's their plan?

Edited by El_Capitan

What's with everyone calling the 7970 2GB :wallbash:  , that's an insult lol

They're not calling the 7970 2GB, note how there's no GB mention beside the nvidia hardware, the 2GB is meant as a 2GB VRAM minimum spec to run the game properly and 3GB for recommended.

I think my main rig is perfectly fine with these specs...however this is the worst optimized game ever made if it really needs that as a minimum hardware spec.  Considering what the XBONE and PS4 are running hardware wise it seems VERY silly (Other than vram and system ram as the new consoles have plenty memory at their disposal) 

Well, looks like I clear it in everything but the 3GB VRAM recommendation. :lol:

Seems excessive all around, however, like the others are saying. The PC version better be phenomenal with those specs.

I have read a few articles that the game has actually been dulled down quite a bit to even be able to run on the consoles, those specs are to allow you to see if as it was meant to be played. It is being downplayed by the console manufacturers though since the "next gen" has only been out for just over a year and the ceiling has already been hit.

^

I don't find the game all that impressive graphics wise :S

Flat textures on almost everything, AA is nothing special (still see hard edges with it enabled) and the shaders are the same as black flag, but with added bloom lol.

But i could be just really picky on something that requires specs that is twice, if not triple, the consoles strength.

Well, looks like I clear it in everything but the 3GB VRAM recommendation. :lol:

Seems excessive all around, however, like the others are saying. The PC version better be phenomenal with those specs.

They must be joking, right ? 

Question : "are the system requirements for Unity final?"

Answer : "They're final specs, although a bit conservative on the video card side because you NEED 4 gigs of VRAM."

https://twitter.com/UbiGabe/status/527432560289533952

Hear that everyone, you NEED 4Gb...

So you guys better go and upgrade your GTX770's, R9 280x's, GTX780's, GTX780Ti's, GTX690's and HD7990's to 4Gb GT640's like here : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130818&cm_re=GT640_4gb-_-14-130-818-_-Product 

They must be joking, right ? 

Question : "are the system requirements for Unity final?"

Answer : "They're final specs, although a bit conservative on the video card side because you NEED 4 gigs of VRAM."

https://twitter.com/UbiGabe/status/527432560289533952

Hear that everyone, you NEED 4Gb...

So you guys better go and upgrade your GTX770's, R9 280x's, GTX780's, GTX780Ti's, GTX690's and HD7990's to 4Gb GT640's like here : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130818&cm_re=GT640_4gb-_-14-130-818-_-Product 

People from shadow of mordor said the same and then you could max the game with a gtx 660 2gb lol.

Including the ultra textures!