What games are you playing?

olokul

Just a quick simple question.... I'm always looking for a new game to play so I figured see what everyone else was playing.

Over the last month I've played,

Life is Feudal   I see this game taking a very long time to play, its still in the alpha/beta stage and for a new player its very hard to get started.   I didnt play it much as every time i logged off i could never find the server i was on to continue where i left off at.

Windward  Coming form someone that loved Sid Meier's Pirates I gave this one a try.  I haven't made it to far into the game but if you like sinking ships its fun,  game can be very repetitive at times and trading is almost a job and almost un-needed in the game.  You would have to set up an excel sheet just to keep track of what town needs what and what town produces it just to make any profit off it.

Banished spent countless hours on this game for the past 3 days, its like being a mayor back in the 1500's building and growing a town, micro managing your resources and population, and any sort of disaster could ruin everything.  Had a tornado hit my village last night destroying half of it and kill 180/200 people.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing a lot of games which doesn't take a lot of hardware requirements, but they're pretty fun. Also, not a lot of multi-player games since I now have a kid to take care of in case she wakes up in the middle of the night. 

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - It's a defense-type game, but with old-school party-based RPG elements. It's a pretty addictive game to try and beat everything. You need to play at least 2 times through to fully complete it. It starts getting repetitive, unless you just want to beat the game.

Defense Grid 2 - It's a good, fun Tower Defense game, but a limited amount of maps and towers.

Legend of Grimrock 2 - An old-style dungeon crawler game with decent graphics and some puzzle elements, 1st person party non-turn based RPG without towns and merchants to buy or sell. If you miss the old days of dungeon crawlers, this is definitely worth trying out!

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Basically Batman in Middle-earth. It's okay. Funky controls you have to get used to.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Fun, but confusing, and very time-consuming. It takes a while to get to your turn on single player, I can't imagine what multi-player is like. You would think they'd utilize parallel processing using graphics cards to get to your turn quicker. Worth playing, though, if you're a Civilization fan.

Over the last month... I suppose just:

Desktop

Dead Space (beat just at the beginning of October)

Tomb Raider 2013

Laptop

Deus Ex 1 (just beat last night)

Red Faction 1

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I got the free download of Dragon Age Origins, so I've been playing that lately.  I've got Deadspace in my queue, is it worth downloading that, or is it too dated?

Edited by Minime 939

I got the free download of Dragon Age Origins, so I've been playing that lately.  I've got Deadspace in my queue, is it worth downloading that, or is it too dated?

Dead Space was great fun (can't wait to eventually play the second!) after I got around the glitches that may and may not need user intervention.

The first being Vsync mouse slowing problem, and this guide was wonderful at curing that: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149371948

The second, potentially game breaking bug happens after you get your first gun and try to leave the room. If the monster doesn't show up as you open the door, than you cannot leave the room (the game shows the door open but still has a collision effect where it acts like it's closed). It happened to me like 5-6 times and I forget what I did before the monster showed up and I was able to leave.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Not really gaming much recently

upcoming games

Fantasy Life (DSi) -  arrives tomorrow

Harvest Moon The lost valley (DSi) - still on preorder

Mount and Blade Bannerlord - TBD

No Man's Sky - TBD

currently playing

Halo 1 - on the last level, trying to beat it on hard

Cortex Command - fun little game

Mechwarrior online: Like the same alot. not a bit fan of PGI for the timberwolf nurf but its ok. something had to happen. so they took our tons and crit slots. what a witch. But its fun and I play with CGB.

Phoenix RC simulator 5.0: I fly RC helicopters in my spare time on the weekends. So I use phoenix to help me train and minimize incidents.