Is there enough room under the case to provide air to PSU?

Hello. I just bought my new pc parts: Asus Sabertooth Z79 Mark 2, Gtx 980, 8gb ram, I7 4790K and XFX 750 W Bronze. But i dont have money for new case. I am using very old case Cooler Master Centurion 590 from 2008 year. So now my question. Can i use that case or should i buy necessary new case?
The PSU mounts on the bottom.I will mount psu with its fan facing down.
The most important question.
Is here enough room for airflow to the fan in my psu? There is enough room under the case to provide air to PSU? The clearance that the stock feet give me is enough room for a airflow gap? I think is less that 1 centimeter. So its enough or not? Is it safe then to mount PSU with the fan facing down on that case?
Or i must buy just the new case?
Thx for replies and help. I am waiting for answers.

link:

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/centurion-590/

Here are the pictures of that case with mounted PSU:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by litwicki22
  • Like 1

Looks more than enough to me.

Remember, there are vent holes for a reason ;)

I think the op is asking if there is enough space under the case. I would say yeah as long as its not on carpet. Also it doesnt look like there is a dust filter so that can be an issue in the long run.

For on carpet I would say no, but there is only one way to find out. put it down and see if the PSU fan ramps up after so long.

I was dealing with the same thing on my haf932. I picked up a set of mnpc tech case feet and I put my fears to bed. and plus they actually make the case more planted when its on a smooth surface. Nice and abrasive.

http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/beefy-pc-case-feet/beefy-pc-case-feet-en.html

as long as it is not on the carpet you will be fine

a PSU does not flow as much air as your CPU or GPU fans

EDIT: btw you can turn the PSU upside, is fine

then it pulls air from inside your case to outside

Edited by potatochobit

I use to just put cardboard down over the carpet and it works great!

Can i use some cardboard instead piece of wood under the case? Can i just use some cardboard , is it safe?

Somebody told me that i can run the risk of unsupported cardboard (by itself) warping or bending from my case weight and this could cause issues with the working area around the PSU intake by decreasing the space between the case and cardboard. So i am worried now a little using cardboard.

Edited by litwicki22