ASUS X99 Deluxe Reviewed

Bosco

2014....reviewing 2011 boards... GET WITH THE TIMES! :P

Thanks for the review though, doubt I'll be getting into socket 2011 but now I know where this board stands!

This is 2011-v3, not the original 2011 socket. Intel just had to make it confusing...

2014....reviewing 2011 boards... GET WITH THE TIMES! :P

Thanks for the review though, doubt I'll be getting into socket 2011 but now I know where this board stands!

Says the guy who JUST upgraded to Sandy Bridge... :P

I was just making sure people reading wouldn't get confused. That, and I'm terrible at recognizing humor when I feel crappy. :lol:

To be fair, I couldn't tell if you were being playful with the v3...and I was going to retort by saying that's how they made it to 2014...2011+v3

Hi guys

As stated in the review:

From left to right: the SLI/CrossFireX switch to disable or enable 2- or 3-way graphics options;

Normally seen on ASUS ROG boards, like the Rampage IV Extreme, is a switch that will disable 16x slots for diagnostic purposes;

This switch illuminates LEDs to show the proper PCIe slots to use. Its position has no effect if the the PCIe slots are enabled or disabled.

Good review. Minor error in overclocking section. Mentions achieving 5.6ghz. Typo I'm assuming.

I'm considering lga2011 v3 when I finally get round to replace my aging AM3+. This board looks very decent.