How well do Laptop to Desktop memory converters work?

I'm guessing you have some SODIMMs just laying around that you'd wanna make use of?

I've never used one, though while it seems cool and I support recycling...I feel like it'd be better to just sell them and buy real desktop sticks. Might be tougher selling frankestein's backpack memory later on too :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Also have never heard of anything like this. No idea of how well it works due to that, but you have to weigh the cost of buying this item versus purchasing new RAM with the same amount of space (1GB, 2GB, 4GB).

For example, your linked product costs $12.95 with $4.95 shipping, at least to my address. This comes out to $17.90, while this Kingston memory from Newegg runs $21.99 with free shipping. I'd pay the extra $5 or so in order to get RAM that I knew worked, and wasn't stuck with a somewhat useless piece of converting technology, since I can't imagine you'd ever be able to resell it down the road and make some of your money back.

From the info on the link the OP provided, these are for TESTING........"The JET-5478A Adapter is designed to provide an alternative testing solution through 240pin DDR3 DIMM connector interface.". Not day to day use.

Sure, they might be for testing, but if they work, they work. I'd have no problem using them if I had laptop memory laying around without any desktop memory.

If had an old full sized beater that took DDR3 I'd totally run these to be "that asshole" lol