Can't install programs on secondary drive.

Justhavocman

Hello everyone , i recently installed an SSD for my OS and some everyday use programs and kept my old 1TB HDD for media and other bulk programs like steam origin etc , the thing is , i can't install a single thing on my secondary drive ( HDD) , i always errors like " corrupt install " or " can't create appdata registry" and such. Anyone has a clue what's going on? frown.gif

No i didn't make a x86 program files folder .I just unplugged my HDD , installed the OS to the SSD , pluged the HDD back on , formatted it , and just tried installing some programs on it , funny thing is , i could install steam on the first day , but ever since , i've been getting errors whenever i try to install anything. Sidenote i put the location of all my downloads , pictures , documents , to be on the HDD instead of SSD.

Edited by Justhavocman

Make a new (Program Files x86) folder on the hhd, then when you try to install a program take note of where the default location is , I usually make folders in the program files x86 folder of the hhd the same name as where the default would put it (that way you know where all the install files are). The default location would be c/ program files x86, change it to whatever letter is your  hhd ( example- f/program files x86/dameon tools),

Download the free version of HDTune and run the error scan on your HDD...it sounds like you either have a bad cable, bad port, or bad HDD.

I did as instructed , 100% health and 0,0% damaged blocks. 

Example of error when trying to run Ventrillo from the downloads folder located on HDD

kTYIaPW.png

Edited by Justhavocman

uh, access error? :/

Access denied or that kind of error generally pops up only cause of OS.By the way, in this screenshot, isn't that C drive happens to be inside your SSD?

Yeah , the C is inside my SSD , but when i run it from within the SSD , the program installs fine without any errors.Also new weird thing came up , error when updating windows , i check to see which updates are needed and they are just blank  , but when i go back to the update page it has 3 updates selected.