FX 6300 OC questions

Carterjj

So in the next few days I will be receiving my AIO cool master 120v liquid cooler and will begin my first Over clocking experience. I currently run at 3.7 GHz up from 3.5 but that was just a push on a button jump. I'm currently running the stock heatsink and fan and never go over 52 degrees Celsius. What does every one think my max overclock should be with out becoming unstable and to hot.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to say between 4.3 and 4,5ghz. Those chips get toasty once you jump a few hundred mhz. luckly that AIO cooler should do the job.

edit: If you list out the computer you have, it will give a better indication of whats possible.

Im going to say between 4.3 and 4,5ghz. Those chips get toasty once you jump a few hundred mhz. luckly that AIO cooler should do the job.

edit: If you list out the computer you have, it will give a better indication of whats possible.

+1, and auto overclocking isn't usually the best way to squeeze out the best overclock but if it's stable that far than it can certainly go much higher.

Sorry I meant to list everything and forgot. I'm running the following

Fx6300 CPU

Asus sabertooth 990fx Mobo

Evga 600w 80+ bronze PSU

Gigabyte R9 270x GPU 2 GB

8 GB of 1333 ram.

Cooler master 431 mid tower

1 intake fan

1 exhaust fan

that cool master 120v is only 27mm thick so you probably still hit a thermal limit before the cpus max. Keep us posted when you get the cooler installed and take a crack at it.

OK will do. Should be here this week sometime. What are the best testers to run I have prime95 and Intel burn but prime confuses me and idk if Intel burn is getting the right readings or if I just don't know how to read it. But it passed as Is right now.

OK will do. Should be here this week sometime. What are the best testers to run I have prime95 and Intel burn but prime confuses me and idk if Intel burn is getting the right readings or if I just don't know how to read it. But it passed as Is right now.

OCCT is the way to go when stressing components (in my opinion of course, but i think most will agree on this).

http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download (download is at the bottom of the page)

Well I got the cooler and I'm happy with the cooler itself but there was a installation issue. The darn thing doesn't fit in the elite 431. PCI bays are in the way so it doesnt line up with the mounting holes. But no biggie I just drilled some new ones. But it performs decent. At full load and using just the auto over clock settings in the bios boosting to an 8.4% overclocking I managed to sit at 43c