No Man's Sky

Black64

At first I was very excited about the idea of this game. Sadly reality set in and fear of it not being all that great is where I'm at now.  I could dive into the details of the what and why but so many others already have. The short version is that while the world may be infinite, chances are it's all going to start looking familiar.  This article explains what I'm getting at better than I could http://indiestatik.com/2013/12/08/procedural-generation/

At first I was very excited about the idea of this game. Sadly reality set in and fear of it not being all that great is where I'm at now.  I could dive into the details of the what and why but so many others already have. The short version is that while the world may be infinite, chances are it's all going to start looking familiar.  This article explains what I'm getting at better than I could http://indiestatik.com/2013/12/08/procedural-generation/

Yeah, I feel the same way. I am hoping they really go big and let you make ever more powerful versions of things. Like your first weapon is a pistol and your last is on a bridge of a battleship destroying entire planets if you wish. I just hope we can create things like minecraft, but that actually function. Like if I want a base on a planet, but I want lots of defenses, will it let me do that?

Anyway, we will just have to wait until they release more details...

I came...to see what was going on in this thread!

Wow, at first it looked like first person Spore then whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa, do want to play!

Spore was such a let down IMHO

I came...to see what was going on in this thread!

Wow, at first it looked like first person Spore then whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa, do want to play!

Spore was such a let down IMHO

The "ending" was but I really enjoyed it up to that point, space age was too much to manage though

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

So, now it's delayed slightly to August 9 in North America, August 10 in Europe, and August 12 in the UK. Delay is for both PC and PS4, despite the PS4 version getting the news right now and Steam saying it's still releasing June 21.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Delayed for the PC version until the 12th, still pre-ordered for steam.

Also the patch notes are insane! so much new content!

And it's crazy! I posted on this thread over 2 years ago and the game is finally coming out!

Edited by Black64

This might be something I jump into and break off of the trend of playing a lot of CS:GO.  Finally have a system that can handle games like this... I feel like a kid on Christmas but there's soooo many games to go through and just not enough time  :wacko: