Be aware of paypal's new policies

potatochobit

I know alot of you like to sell used electronics

so you need to know about this

the first issue, Buyers can now click on Ebay to return items

and it will automatically be charged to the seller

the second issue, ebay has extended the deadline for filing a dispute from 45 days to 180 days. (half a year)

_____

this is probably due to chinese sellers, they frequently state shipping times from china at ridiculous times like 45days and products never show up and then the buyer cannot file a dispute sometimes. 

however, this also leaves a lot of freedom to scammers. 

you know how kids buy cheap used electronics but then they see something new and shiny and they want to return the old one?

if you sell a graphic card on ebay just keep in mind someone can use it for half a year and then try and return it to you.

not to mention your fees will not be refunded and you will have to pay shipping to the person and back to yourself. 

most people are honest, just keep these new changes in mind when using ebay. 

I just always say  "As Is" since it's computer stuff. If it comes DOA i'll take it back and thats it. I've had scammers try to get me but I write the serial numbers down so they can't send me something else back.

I just always say  "As Is" since it's computer stuff. If it comes DOA i'll take it back and thats it. I've had scammers try to get me but I write the serial numbers down so they can't send me something else back.

It is their words against yours then though.

For all they know, you just dotted down a random number.

I take pictures too and make them sign for the package. I don't like using ebay but scammers haven't won a case against me yet. the second I reply to the clam with info the case gets dropped.

I just always say "As Is" since it's computer stuff. If it comes DOA i'll take it back and thats it. I've had scammers try to get me but I write the serial numbers down so they can't send me something else back.

Just take pictures...

I just always say "As Is" since it's computer stuff. If it comes DOA i'll take it back and thats it. I've had scammers try to get me but I write the serial numbers down so they can't send me something else back.

Just take pictures...

He didn't say that in his comment :teehee: