Klipsch Status Headphones

wevsspot

Wondering if anyone around here has listened to these in person......................  And if so what were your thoughts / observations?

Never tried those, but the X10 and X4 are both rather good. For in-ears, they're some of the top ones I've tried for the money. I'd imagine the Status are of the same quality, but I don't know for sure since I've never tried them.

If you have a Guitar Center nearby, maybe worth a visit to see if they have any in stock you can listen to.

Thanks BP.  I hope I like them since I went ahead and ordered a set last night  :)

Had a NewEgg coupon and it was one of those deals that was just too good to pass up.  When they get here I'll decide whether I want to keep them or my CALS!  One or the other will probably end up for sale  :)

I heard them. 

I will make a fairly large disclaimer and say that I heard them in a big crowded room and there was an unknown amp and dac that were powering them, so your mileage may very. 

I found them to be fairly decent for the money (100-130 bucks). I thought they were a bit bright and you are probably going to want to play around with an EQ, but I think you will like them. 

They were a lot more comfortable than the CALs, that's for sure. 

Are the CAL headphones you have is one of the current model (Laredo or Silverado) ? I was wondering how those 60 ohms drivers were, as I was told that they tend to be more detailed.

Physically they do look sturdy as they are made of metal and leather, and the Klipsch look like they are made out of plastic for the most part. They should be a whole lot lighter.

Got my Status headphones in yesterday.  Have only had one evening to play with them, but here are some first impressions;

1. Compared to the CALS!, the Status feels heavier on the head

2. The clamping force on the Status is......... well tight compared to the CALS!  I do have a rather large head though

3. Outside noise isolation is much better on the Status.  They aren't active noise cancelling, but the materials, ear pads and clamping force do a great job of sealing you into your listening environment

4. I certainly wouldn't call the Status headphones "bright" at flat EQ settings when compared to the CALS!  However after slightly bumping the 2khz through 16khz frequencies they respond really well.  After those small adjustments the detail and clarity starts to shine on the top end. Cymballs and snare start to show up in places I never knew they existed before.

5. The lower frequencies and bass sound tighter and more controlled on the Status headphones

6. The Status headphones produce a larger sound stage than the CALS!

7. I chose the pearl white version and IMHO they are a darn sexy pair of cans compared to the CALS!

Listened to both sets on the PC (Creative SBZ) and also my Pioneer home receiver.  Listening to uncompressed CD audio from the Pioneer setup I'd give the victory to the Status headphones.  They just render a much more detailed audio experience than the CALS! do.

I'm not an audiophile, so for my purposes I wouldn't ever pay MSRP for the Status headphones but I got them at a great price.  When the Status first came out the MSRP was in the vicinity of $249 for the particular model I bought.  At that price I'd pick the CALS! every time because of the value.

Last thing, the cord on the Status headphones is really short.  Probably about perfect for plugging them into your MP3 player or phone and meandering around town, but certainly not long enough for listening to your home stereo audio gear and just barely long enough if you sit right by your PC.  Recommend an extension if either of the last two apply to you.  On a plus note, the cord is replaceable with any 3.5mm male to male cord

Wait... are you saying that you EQed the headphones flat, or that you left your EQ flat. 

If you need an extension that is about 3ish feet long, then almost anything from mono price would work so long as you do not get their bottom of the barrel cables. 

Looking at the fact that your sig lists a X-Fi Ti and that you mention in your posts a Z, how is the difference in between the two, if anything noticeable? Has the software improved from the time the Audigy was recent (2006-2007) ?

Thanks for pointing that out.  I do need to update my Sig  :)

No question hardware wise that the Titanium is a better card than the SBZ, but Creative has really straightened out a lot of the little nit-picky driver and creative console issues between the two cards.  The SBZ is pretty flawless and should satisfy all but the most hardcore audiophiles.  The SBZ has all of the input/output ports most people would need and the dedicated headphone amp is a nice bonus.

The SBZ is a good enough card, that I've put the Titanium up for use as a backup.