MSI PC and monitor keeping blacking out then normal. HELP

Hi my hubby complains that his 3 years old PC that has MSI mobo that started blacking out on the monitor every minute or so and back to normal then black out again then normal .. so on .

At first i thought it was the new 6 mths old 23 inch LG monitor thats doing it . So i put an older known working lcd monitor to test his PC. nup its still blacking out. So im thinking its his msi mobo graphic on board is stuffing or on its way out. 

is there any other ways to test or tips to do next to stop the blacking out? before i buy a new mobo for him

thanks 

oh i heard 4 beeps on start up if that helps . i googled it says mobo's bad. ?

Edited by Gamer76

I love that you are asking and he has no clue lol.  4 beeps says a bad timer/MB...

if you think its the onboard graphics.. can you swap out a graphics card from another pc? or buy a SUPER cheap one to test...?

What is the MB model? 

I love that you are asking and he has no clue lol.  4 beeps says a bad timer/MB...

if you think its the onboard graphics.. can you swap out a graphics card from another pc? or buy a SUPER cheap one to test...?

What is the MB model? 

+1, I'd throw a dedicated card in there and see if it has the issues though if it has confirmed bios beeps of certain damage then...yeah...

hi everyone .. it turns out untrusted third party software hiding in there .. so i got rid of it . 
cleaned up his pc . threw out his msi crappy video card .. its def dead cause i tried to test it to my other spare PC . So i'll get him a better new one soon.

i also  installed a spare harddrive for back up only .

its running real good now. Probably good for another 2 or 3 years to go then i'll build him a better pc myself with better quality parts . 

cheers everyone for your inputs and ideas :)