OnePlus One

suchuwato

Does anyone here have one and would be willing to give me a code?
I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but in return I'd send you back an invite code when I got one.

;)

My only gripe with it was the business model and the stupid invite system.  I signed up well before the phone was out and still don't have a code, yet they hand them out for people to sell on ebay.  I've heard rumors that customer support is lacking if you get a defective model and may be waiting a long time to get your replacement if that happens.  Personally I just bought the LG G3 and couldn't be happier.  Coming from a RazrMaxx the only complaint is with battery life, but I was going to have that with most anything on the market.  Not too many smart phones that I can use for 2-3 days without charging after all. (The G3 actually gets an easy full day with heavy use, but that still seems weak for me.  I could get a spare battery for it though.)

Those are the Chinese market version of the phone being converted from ColorOS to CM11S and sold as is. Notice the radio bands supported are different from the international model. I've heard inconsistent reports of people flashing the radio from the international version to get support for the international bands, so buyers beware.

I joined the OnePlus forums back in April, and I've had the phone for about 1.5 months now. If you are an early member but still haven't received an invite, be sure to fill out your OnePlus profile with a valid address. Not sure if it's concidence or not but a few friends and I all got invites shortly after we provided a full address in our profile. So maybe they check to make sure you have a valid address before an invite is sent.

If I get more sharable invites I'll post back here, I've already given my existing ones away. I heard they are moving away from the invitation model comes October anyway though, so maybe their production is finally up to capacity.

I'd recommend doing a bit more research before getting a OnePlus One. They're not a company I'd want to do business with. They don't care about being green, they have pretty shoddy customer service, they keep delaying orders with very late notice, etc. Hop on Reddit and go to the Android section and read what people have to say about them. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2evw99/oneplus_amaa_late_august_edition/

Lots of issues that weren't taken care of are discussed in that thread. 

I realise they have a load of issues, but when I weigh the risks up with the cost/specification as compared to buying a contract-free comparable Android phone or iPhone they still come out on top.

But as it is September, I wasn't going to rush out and order one, but wait a little bit to see what happens - then if I still wanted to get a oneplus I'd have a code for one.