Forgot a Laptop Brand Name

Onion

I forgot the name of a laptop brand... Its not sold at main retailers, and they're very high quality. Prices start at around $1,000. I keep wanting to call it "Anker" but that's a battery brand. I think someone on here has/had one, maybe SpeedCrazy but I can't remember. I did some googling but it isn't mainstream so I can't find anything. 

Is someone thinking about a new toy? :)

Also yeah SOMEONE has one.

I wish, I've got no money for a new machine at the moment. My laptop is still doing well enough though. 3rd gen i7 and whatnot. Its for my dad, he needs a new laptop and is fairly abusive so we're looking for something that won't get destroyed in a matter of months. 

Sager is actually a re-brand of Clevo laptops but unlike other makers, they take unaltered units directly from Clevo and sell them as Clevo makes them. Clevo is the actually maker but Sager is their #1 seller. Alienware, pre-Dell used Clevo laptops which is why the old ones were so much better then the post-Dell takeover ones where they dropped Clevo to save money and yet kept the consumers cost the same for lower quality products -.-

Also look at Compal brand laptops, they are another top tier manufacturer that often gets re-branded by companies that want to sell rock solid units. PowerPro is the main US seller of Compal brand laptops like Sager is to Clevo. You will save money with Compal laptops and they are on the same level of quality as Clevo but are often not as up-gradable or as state-of-the-art.

I've had laptops from both manufacturers and I've noticed that Comapl's units tend to lean towards being thinner and longer battery life whereas Clevo are balls out, fully up-gradable performance whores. Basically, for the dollar I'd honestly say go with Compal as they have more units that are non enthusiast friendly which is the vast majority of users and you'll get a product you'll be happier with for the money. Given how powerful modern laptops are I don't see the need for a non enthusiast to get a Sager although they are incredibly easy to work on due to their nature.

+1 I think my old Sager was actually a Compal from the weird offsite driver page I had to work with. But yeah you could just buy directly form Clevo or Compal or whatever. My Sager was solid other than my usb ports dying and having to cough up $40+ for the bus (thankfully it wasn't the one ON the motherboard)

I sold it to my ex's mom and it's still working today I believe (bought it in 2008)