Need Dual Monitors. Buy Same Mon or Upgraded

I have the funds to buy another monitor for a dual monitor setup. My question is whether to buy the exact monitor or should I buy the same size but with better specs.?  

Current Monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117

Thanks for reading OCC

Edited by TimeMachine

The one you have now seems to be a pretty decent monitor. 

For the dual monitor setup what are the main purposes going to be?

If photo/video editing i might look at something with a IPS/SIPS panel rather then a TN one.

If everyday stuff, gaming and browsing i would be tempted to just get the same one.

Unfortunately i have been out of the market for monitors for a while and cant give any recommendations on the IPS but usually samsung, dell and lg are the ones i would be looking at for those.

The one you have now seems to be a pretty decent monitor. 

For the dual monitor setup what are the main purposes going to be?

If photo/video editing i might look at something with a IPS/SIPS panel rather then a TN one.

If everyday stuff, gaming and browsing i would be tempted to just get the same one.

Unfortunately i have been out of the market for monitors for a while and cant give any recommendations on the IPS but usually samsung, dell and lg are the ones i would be looking at for those.

I am quite happy with my current monitor.

I am a architect and I have a dual setup at work and it gets the job done.

IPS monitors are on my list.  I am hung up on whether to pick up the exact monitor or just buy a better one and use the old one as a secondary. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...