Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you mostly care about gaming performance and are already running an i7, there's no need to upgrade. This new chip doesn't change that, especially for the price. CPUs are so underutilized that the vast majority of people could be running 3yr old CPUs without it being a bottleneck.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you mostly care about gaming performance and are already running an i7, there's no need to upgrade. This new chip doesn't change that, especially for the price. CPUs are so underutilized that the vast majority of people could be running 3yr old CPUs without it being a bottleneck.

Very True

It would be nice if more games could be configured to offer more performance for this big chips that have more cores and more Cache.

Very True

It would be nice if more games could be configured to offer more performance for this big chips that have more cores and more Cache.

Might happen now that we have the new consoles and their better hardware. Can only hope so because I would love to see an RTS with a quadcore requirement  :devil:

Very True

Might happen now that we have the new consoles and their better hardware. Can only hope so because I would love to see an RTS with a quadcore requirement  :devil:

That's my hope too...that the new consoles push it further. Maybe in a year or two after the major studios get more comfortable/familiar with the new hardware.

It's amazing to see what they accomplished with the previous consoles. Look at the Assassin's Creed franchise reviews, because AC1-AC3 were all for xBox 360/PS3. There are other examples of course, but that franchise stands out for me because I did those reviews immediately after each other. The Bioshock franchise would be another example, now that I think about it.

With a single discrete card running 1920x1080 you would be correct but I am guessing that the table turns when pushing multiple GPUs at 1440 or 1600 resolutions. 

With a single discrete card running 1920x1080 you would be correct but I am guessing that the table turns when pushing multiple GPUs at 1440 or 1600 resolutions. 

Time to go Tri-SLI on the 4K screen and see how it is!

Time to go Tri-SLI on the 4K screen and see how it is!

YEs it is.