Korean Monitors 1440p

Pteroduck

Of the new monitors and the old Korean montiors, which ones do you think are the best for games and movies? I've heard that the X-Star DP2710 and Qnix QX2710 DO NOT drop frames when overclocked. But the 8ms of response time kind of scares me. Overall, I dont want loss of frames, the lowest latency possible(for these monitors), great picture quality (contrast,colors,and whatnot), and possibly a single output to cutout response time and the possibility of overclocking it. I was thinking the two monitors stated above but any ideas?

edit: forgot to ask, how big is the gap from moving from 1080p TN to the korean monitors? I'm using a Dell p2211H monitor and a dell 1280x800 monitor.. Is it that big/worth it?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from 1920x1200 and to 2560x1600 and never looked back. I wouldn't worry about response times as much as input lag, but 8ms GTG response times and 18ms input lag is the minimum I would recommend if you're a heavy first-person shooter gamer.

I've had the qnix 2710 for a while now, love it, no problems with ghosting or anything with the advertised 8ms response time.  I keep it overclocked 24/7 at 96hz and it's an indescribable amount better than my previous 25" 2ms TN monitor.  Going to 27" /1440p was't that big of a change except the colors are def better and it just feels more responsive/ or faster/ in games too. After getting and returning two with a ton of dead pixels from ipsledmonitors, I ponied up for the ultimate pixel perfect version on ebay and it is indeed perfect.

I've had the qnix 2710 for a while now, love it, no problems with ghosting or anything with the advertised 8ms response time. I keep it overclocked 24/7 at 96hz and it's an indescribable amount better than my previous 25" 2ms TN monitor. Going to 27" /1440p was't that big of a change except the colors are def better and it just feels more responsive/ or faster/ in games too. After getting and returning two with a ton of dead pixels from ipsledmonitors, I ponied up for the ultimate pixel perfect version on ebay and it is indeed perfect.

No input lag or what not? Any problems going to 120hz?

Read this, it should answer most if not all of your answers.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-qnix-x-star-1440p-monitor-club

Do you have any links for the other Korean monitors?

What other Korean monitors? If you are referring to the 27" ones on ebay and such, AFAIK they are all the same panel just a different bezel. From everything I have read you should order your monitor from dreamseller as they are very good to deal with if you have any issues with dead pixels and such.

I've had the qnix 2710 for a while now, love it, no problems with ghosting or anything with the advertised 8ms response time. I keep it overclocked 24/7 at 96hz and it's an indescribable amount better than my previous 25" 2ms TN monitor. Going to 27" /1440p was't that big of a change except the colors are def better and it just feels more responsive/ or faster/ in games too. After getting and returning two with a ton of dead pixels from ipsledmonitors, I ponied up for the ultimate pixel perfect version on ebay and it is indeed perfect.

Getting them to 120hz is kinda hit or miss, some will do 120hz and others won't. They look to all be able to overclock its just your results may vary.

Getting them to 120hz is kinda hit or miss, some will do 120hz and others won't. They look to all be able to overclock its just your results may vary.

The other ones with the shimian and the FSM-270YV. I heard the Shimian and a few others were worth looking into

Those use IPS panels that I am assuming are made by LG, they are supposed to be pretty good from what I have read, that is assuming that it is the LG panel that I'm thinking of. But the ones with the Samsung PLS Panels are cheeper.

Edited by slick2500

Not all Korean monitors are "over-clockable".  Be careful to research the brands and model numbers that are.

As much as I hate to say it, the link provided earlier is your best resource for finding out which models overclock, what panels are in the various models, which models have problems with PWM flickering or issues with proper brightness/contrast control.  At that same resource you will find multiple other points of reference in your search for a Korean 2560x1440 monitor that suits all of your needs.

With that being said the QNIX QX2710 is a pretty universal favorite for hitting all of the high points.

I remember listening to Computer Ed interviewing someone a couple months back where a company was investing in 120Hz 1440P IPS gaming monitors that wouldn't break the bank. I wish I could remember who he was talking with.