New Builder and PC Gamer

trixter109

Hey all so I've decided to make the jump from console gaming to PC gaming. I came across this community yesterday and after reading threads for about an hour I decided to join and get some advice. I've wanted to build a gaming PC for a while but never really had the money to. I'm 16 and when my grandparents told me that they would buy me the parts if I cleaned out their garage I immediately said yes.

Anyway my name is Kris and I have never built a PC before. I've been doing a lot of research and I think I'm ready to do it. I have a thread over on the System Builds forum so feel free to go over there and give me advice on parts. Other than that I'm open to any general advice you can give a new builder and PC gamer.

Thanks,

trixter109

Welcome to OCC. Setting a budget up front would be a wise choice as this hobby of ours can go sideways quickly when you start looking at the hardware. 

IMHO I like to do what CCokeman said above, then set a savings goal for some upgrades in 3-9 months and a complete overhual goal in 12-24 months. I used to do a complete overhual every January, but game requirements are not has brutal as they used to be.