Ebay - Just a rant... Is it going downhill lately?

jkeener71

Never had any problems with ebay for many years...

Now a bad string of things, starting with...

First I got scammed on a PS4, but got my money back luckily.

Then I won a gaming mouse on 7/14, says it will deliver between 7/18 - 7/22

7/17 - I get no message or tracking so I contact the seller asking if it has shipped and to give me a tracking #.

7/18 - Seller says has been busy and will ship it asap

7/22 - I email again asking for tracking #

Today - No contact since

Then I won a gaming keyboard on 7/15, says it will deliver 7/18 - 7/23

7/18 - I get no message or tracking so I contact the seller asking if it has shipped and to give me a tracking #. 

Today - Still have not heard a single word from this seller

Why do people do this?! Within a day or at least a few days, communicate. I understand you get busy in life, but we all have responsibilities.

It is just very frustrating. And they all had at least 99% feedback, which is slightly bizarre. 

Anyways, hope I get my keyboard and mouse soon.

Edited by jkeener71

thats what paypal is for. You get 30days to make a claim and you can give the seller a bad rating. I generally do not buy from people unless it's a powerseller or 200+ good rating.

I feel ya. I'm waiting on a last part for my car. Bought from a seller because of their "fast" shipping. Paid Sunday and I'm going to be lucky seeing it Friday. It's a ten hour drive from here too...

But yea...it's hard as a seller and it's hard as a buyer.

The last thing I sold on eBay by the time eBay took their fees Paypal took their fees and shipping I think I ended up with like $30 off a $55 item...................

And to think I was going to try ebay. Saw the fees and said fuck that!

Can't beat the audience though!

Yeah, it's a necessary evil but has had me looking elsewhere as much as I can...it's an amazing place for a buyer but as a seller it's rough.

Finally, I get this message:

Hi,

Unfortunately my business partner dropped the keyboard and it got a scratch on it. And I wasn't going to send it out to you like this.

Would you like to wait for a replacement or take a refund? Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks.