Favorite Graphic Cards Of All Time

Bosco

What are your favorite video cards you have ever owned?

Mine are the following:

1. 8800GT

2. GTX 780ti

3. GTX 260

4. Asus 4600ti

5. AMD 7970

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By favorite, what exactly are the criteria?

1. My first "real" GPU and my favorite was my OEM AMD HD 5770. It was really fun to OC and opened the door to PC gaming for me.

2. My 7950 setup was the most stable setup ever.

3. SLI 8800GT was my first dual card setup and that was fun to mess with.

4. My current setup, 1x GTX780 is the fastest and my first top end card i've owned.

Edited by Black64

1. 8800GTX  - it was the only time I paid top dollar for a card and it lasted quite awhile, even beating most of the subsequent 9 series.

2. 6800GT  - probably the best value for a GPU ever. When this launched, I don't recall anyone here or on any other site recommending any other GPU for quite awhile. Such a huge turnaround from the FX series and arguably marked the beginning of NVIDIA's GPU market dominance over ATI/AMD.

3. GTX 770 - simply because it's my current card.

Basically what cards you enjoyed owning. The reasons can vary but you pretty much spelled it out. :)

Ya the 5770 was a nice card to own too, forgot about that one.

1.) My current ASUS GTX780 Ti that overclocks well and never gives me any driver hassles.

2.) My Sapphire 7970 reference that went up to 1300MHz core and 1825MHz mem.

3.) My ASUS HD5970 (which I got when I traded my ASUS GTX480 with some guy for it) - monster performance for its time.

4.) My HD5770 which I got when I sold my GTX260. It was my first DX11 card and I was very impressed with its price and performance.

Worst memories were from my driver nightmare 5970+5870 crossfire setup, and my PNY GTX670 with its random red screen of death.

1. GTX 275 - It really isn't my favorite, but it went down, and I ended up getting a GTX 460 1GB upgrade pretty much for free, and got me into OCC.

2. GTX 460 1GB - Back when the best card was the GTX 580 1.5GB and cost $500 and two GTX 460 1GB in SLI could outperform it overclocked for around $300.

3. HD 7850 2GB - Still one of my favorite cards that can now be found for under $100, and two of these overclocked will beat out a R9 290. One of the best price per performance cards still out there.

4. HD 7970 - A powerhouse of a card from AMD with great overclockability, and 3GB VRAM. It pretty much made me switch back to AMD from NVIDIA.

5. GTX 780 - Great overclockability after unlocking the voltage. Enough VRAM and performance to go back to a single card again, and at 2560x1600 to boot.

I didn't like the GTX 600 line of cards with their gimped GPGPU's. I'm also disappointed with the R9 290/290X line. They're great cards, but they don't overclock very well and you pretty much need after-market cooling solutions for them. Not to mention that you get better cards with Hynix memory over Elpida memory, what a hassle!

Edited by El_Capitan

Right now I'm looking to upgrade to an R9 280 or 280X.  Do you guys think it is worth the extra cash for the 280X?

The R9 280 performs similarly to the HD 7950, and the 280X performs similarly to the HD 7970. The R9 280 will be a little more efficient, but the R9 280X will give you a little bit more performance.

I guess if I had to make the list

1. VisionTek ATI X850XT Xtasy...I push this card to an early death by overclocking it too high to run the original STALKER and it was a screamer but it did so well regardless which gave way to...

2. ....the BFG 8800GTX which like Clay was the biggest videocard investment I ever made and will likely ever make again. But it kicked ass and enabled Crysis playing :)

3. Toss up between the GTX260 and the HD4870, the HD4870 (but died and caused me to buy the 260, which was very stable and good to me) was very powerful that I didn't need the problematic 9800GX2 which swore me off of dual GPUs for a while until....

4. ...I just had to have the HD4870x2 because its raw performance just was too great not to taste, which got replaced by the HD5970 which I liked even more felt like a super refined 4870x2 but Vram eventually caused our relationship to be short lived which caused me to get the...

5. ...MSI HD7950 Twin Frozr, the most stable and impressive (obviously, it was the newest at the time) single card I had ever owned. Quietest too!

1. 9800 Pro (flashed to XT)

2. ti4200, overclocked like mad after I lapped the core

3. 4870X2...I liked mine so much I bought a second for QuadFire. :D

4. 4850, best bang for buck for a LONG time

Panda's rankings, since she's lazy:

1. 4850 - ran in Tri-Fire for a while with a 4850X2 too!

2. 4870X2 - beast mode!

3. GTX 660ti

4. 4830 - my first GPU EVAR