Disabled onboard gpu now attempting to reset bios via cmos pins. [Need

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Hey guys, I decided to join this forum since I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to motherboards and need a little help.
So I was tampering with things I shouldn't have been and ended up disabling my onboard intel graphics card, now my screen has gone completely black and doesn't even show the bios screen when I reboot, I have been seeking to find out exactly what I need to do and saw related posts where people are removing the small coin battery and resetting the bios through the cmos jumper pins in order to fix it, I tried this however was unable to find any jumper pins on my motherboard, I can see where it says cmos but there are no seemingly removable parts near that area, I was able to remove the battery and it was disconnected for about 20 minutes while I was trying to locate the jumper, I was hoping that putting the battery back in after a little time out would work but it didn't, my motherboard is the Gigabyte H87M-HD3.
Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

Update: I found the manual to locate the cmos, instead of having 3 pins where 2 are covered, it just had 2 bare pins next to each other, the manual said to touch both pins at the same time with something like a screw driver, I attempted this a few times along with different combinations and steps which some also included removing the small coin battery, but to no success I still have a black screen :(

#3 kyfire

kyfire

The Hi-Tech Redneck

• Folding Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

Unplug your power supply and try resetting it again Iy work also help us to helpyou if we knew your complete computer specs, ie: CPU, motherboard, ram, etc.

Edited by kyfire, 25 April 2014 - 03:54 AM.

CASE: Cooler Master HAF X full tower MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3 CPU: AMD FX 6300 COOLER: Asetek 570LX 240MM MEM: 2x4gig Kingston Hyper X 1600MHz
HDD: WD Cavair Black 500gig GPU: EGA Nivida GTX 650 2gig Monitor:Dual Acer 21.5 1920x1080 PSU: Corsair CX500 V2

#4 SpikeSoprano

SpikeSoprano

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

Also make sure it's not something simple like your monitor being powered off !

CPU>I7 2600K  -MB>GIGABYTE  Z68X-UD3H-B3-MEM>KINGSTON 1600 MHZ-HYPER 212 EVO

VIDEO>ZOTAC GTX 660 2 GB-SSD>VERTEX 3 120 GB-HD>WD 500+WD 250 GB-G500 MOUSE

CASE>ROSEWILL CHALLENGER W/4 120MM FANS-PSU> 650 WATT-MONITOR>24 INCH BENQ

#5 DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

Ha ha its always the smallest issue that gets in the way, the problem was that once I had reset my bios I plugged in my HDMI cable via the motherboard not my Graphics card.

#6 wevsspot

wevsspot

The Pain of Being a Razorback Fan.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15881 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

That's the primary reason that sometimes it seems like experienced builders ask the silliest questions when someone poses a problem and asks for help.  It's not that we are trying to offend or embarrass anyone, but we've all been guilty of assuming worst case scenario while over-looking the simplest of solutions   :)

Glad that you got it sorted and welcome to the OCC community forums.

10804750996_f1dd23d20e_o.jpg

#7 SpikeSoprano

SpikeSoprano

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Happy you got it sorted out and welcome to OCC, stick around there's lots of useful info and help on this site! :thumbsup:

CPU>I7 2600K  -MB>GIGABYTE  Z68X-UD3H-B3-MEM>KINGSTON 1600 MHZ-HYPER 212 EVO

VIDEO>ZOTAC GTX 660 2 GB-SSD>VERTEX 3 120 GB-HD>WD 500+WD 250 GB-G500 MOUSE

CASE>ROSEWILL CHALLENGER W/4 120MM FANS-PSU> 650 WATT-MONITOR>24 INCH BENQ

#8 DaCrazyCageMan

DaCrazyCageMan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, seems like a bunch of well mannered people located here on this forum, you'll definitely be seeing a lot more of me! :)

#9 OwinC

OwinC

Lost Texan

• Folding Member
  • 1099 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Well mannered people on this forum? Where? :teehee:

Welcome to OCC

It's not peer pressure, It's just your turn

There's no such thing as a dirty mind, it's just a sense of humor with adult content.....

Nobody wins. One just looses slower than the other.