Time to spend those tax returns!

DexRain

AKA, new rig for me, girlfriend gets my old, but still very capable rig.

Current specs on old rig (goin to GF)

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 BE @4.0GHz

Heatsink: Coolermaster V8

Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Ram: 8gb's G-Skill Sniper DDR3-1600

GPU: Crossfired AMD Radeon 6870's

PSU: Corsair TX750M

HDD: Sandisk Extreme 256gb SSD, WD Caviar Green 1.5tb sata 2.0 (the other 4 hdd's are going in my new box)

Case: Antec 1200 Rev.1

Still a pretty solid box by todays standards, but having to fight over it to play games, watch anime/movies/TV shows, etc kinda sucks.

So, since I have a $1900 tax refund this year, I'm building myself something new and giving my lovely GF my old box, so we can play league and ESO together :D

new box so far is

CPU: AMD FX-8320 (buying at Microcenter)

Heatsink: Phanteks PH-TC14PE (Newegg)

Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z (Newegg)

Ram: Either AMD RG2133 (4x4gb) 16 gb DDR3 or G-Skill Trident-X 2400 (4x4gb) 16gb DDR3 (Newegg)

GPU: Radeon R9 290 (brand TBD) I've had good luck with Asus and Diamond with my video cards, but any recomendations are welcome =] possible crossfire down the road

PSU: Not sure atm, as I'm not sure how much PSU I'll need for this system, looking in the 900~1200W range atm (I've used Antec, Corsair, and PCP&C for the past 10 years)

HDD: Getting a new SSD for my new system and transfering over the other 4 WD sata drives (completely clueless on SSD's if someone wants to point me in the right direction I'd love you five-ever)

Case: Xigmatek Elysium (Microcenter) Was debating between this and the 1200 R.3, because I LOVE my 1200, being able to put my optical drives at the bottom of the case is friggin awesome, the Elysium is just, well, bigger and shinier u.u

So uh, yeah, that's pretty much it, any friendly advice on what to get is greatly appreciated

Oh yeah, displays and games we play, my primary display is a 47 inch  Samsung Smart TV running at 1920x1080 @ 65hz GF's computer will be using my matched pair of 21 inch NEC Multisync CRT's running at 2048x1536 @ 85hz

We mostly play league of legends and Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, Saints Row, Borderlands, and I play a lot of, well, less taxing games like FTL. Cave Story, and various VN's (those HD Skyrim mods KILL my 6870's though) Also play Titanlfall, Hawken, Metro, and BF4 as well as a multitude of racing games