• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:02 AM

Grid Autosport announced today :  http://blog.codemast...grid-autosport/

Way excited for this !!! :D

-Tyre wear
-Night racing
-Endurance, Street and Open wheel racing
-Combined route list that totals over 100 with more circuits than GRID and GRID 2 combined
-Single player career as professional racing driver with ability to switch teams, fulfil sponsor demands and beat rivals
-Racing with a teammate is back and at your request he/she will now attack the cars ahead or defend their position and a feature that will also allow you to request information from your team engineer
-Practice, Qualifying and Race
-Tuneable components include: brake bias, differential, downforce, gears, ride height and suspension at both the front and back
-Cockpit view makes a return, and with it a dashboard view too

Definitely a day one purchase for me :D Looks amazing

Releases 27 June on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

Edited by Knight_72, 22 April 2014 - 03:04 AM.

i7 4770K | Corsair H105

ASUS Maximus VI Hero | ASUS GTX780 Ti
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz 4x4Gb | Corsair AX860i
Cooler Master Storm Trooper | Seagate Barracuda 2Tb

#2 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

Am excited :)

I haven't played a GRID game yet but I'm getting into driving games and I want to get, I sincerely hope it doesn't have the awful commentary Dirt 3(first Codemasters driving game I have) has, I can't play the game because of that. Glad cockpit view is back, the lack of it made me ignore Grid 2

Edited by DanTheGamer11, 22 April 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#3 Kiro

Kiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

Still playing the first GRID here.  That feature list looks pretty appealing.  Looking forward to tire wear and tuning components. :D

#4 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

I've played GRID, though I have not played GRID 2 as I heard to was pretty bad in comparison.

Hopefully this one is better.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#5 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19328 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

I uploaded some screenshots here.

There were also some panorama shots of tracks in the press release if you want me to upload those.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#6 cchalogamer

cchalogamer

Folding is good :)

• Folding Member
  • 4667 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

-Cockpit view makes a return, and with it a dashboard view too

Looks like someone might have paid attention finally.  Honestly I can overlook the other silliness of GRID 2, but one of the biggest reasons I love the first GRID is that balance of arcade and sim that taking out the in car view killed for me.  I didn't even bother torrenting it to check it out (I did that with the first game and quit halfway through the first race I ran and bought the game).  Kinda worries me with the speed that they jumped from GRID 2 to this compared to GRID to GRID 2, but it might not be so bad for people like me who didn't get 2.  

I'm gonna wait for the reviews on this one and possibly do like I did with the first, but I HOPE it's the GRID I've been waiting for.

1zdcjtx.png

i7-4930K/GA-X79-UP4/32GB G.Skill & Team Vulcan Mixed/240GB Seagate 600 SSD/3TB/R9 290X/Rosewill Capstone 750 (main rig)

i7-4770K/GA-Z87X-UD5H/16GB ADATA/240GB Seagate 600 SSD/3TB/2 x 1TB RAID 1/1.5TB/GTX 770/GTX 670/Rosewill Capstone 750-M (secondary location main rig)

i7-4810MQ/Sager N8258-S/16GB/120GB mSATA/2 x 1TB/GTX 880M/180W AC Adapter w/8 cell battery (gaming laptop)

i5-4300Y/Dell Venue 11 Pro/8GB/256GB/Intel HD 4200 (GT2)/25W Ac Adapter w/removable 2 cell battery (Win 8 Pro Tablet)

i5-3570K/GA-Z77X-UD5H/16GB Kingston HyperX/500GB/3 x 2TB/2 x 320GB RAID 1/Antec BP550 (server)

#7 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

GRID 1 was the best, the only thing I ever played was the demolition derby, even thou there was only 2 tracks it was crazy fun!

Although I like racing games, the only ones I would play now are a new NFS undergound or most wanted (don't like the new one at all).

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#8 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19328 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Steam store page is now up

CMt.png
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

#9 StefenHeif

StefenHeif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

I just hope that I will not be deceived by Codemasters once more.

I actually really enjoy (yea, up to this day) playing TOCA 3. It was a nice Sim with a whole lot of type of cars, DTM was one of my favorite.

It had a good sim-type driving (while being lesser than the GT series).

Then I bought Dirt 3, expecting to have similar driving experience like the ol' Colin McRae Rally. Sacrebleu, I would say. I own Richard Burns Rally and it felt better to drive.

I like having hillclimb and Group B cars, so this is what pushed me to get Dirt 3.

Back on Grid Autosport, graphics look pretty awesome, but I'm looking for a PC equivalent of Gran Turismo. There is also Project CARS and Assetto Corsa that are looking pretty promising.

#10 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19328 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Back on Grid Autosport, graphics look pretty awesome, but I'm looking for a PC equivalent of Gran Turismo. There is also Project CARS and Assetto Corsa that are looking pretty promising.

Honestly, no matter how good GRID Autosport turns out, for PC gamers who are racing game fans, I think Project CARS is the one to watch.

CMt.png