Do you think this is a well balanced system?

I just got a new toy in the mail to play with and decided to see what it can do a little later but for now a screenshot showing how NOT to balance your funds for CPU & GPU when on a budget :lol:

2e56vbt.jpg

• Like 1

Well look on the bright side: while the system may not be "balanced" it's still gonna play games. And when you're ready to upgrade the GPU, you can throw absolutely anything you want in there and not worry about a bottleneck! :D

Seems like a pretty reasonable way to go, at least for me.

Better than a dual core Athlon 64 with a HD 7950  :lol:

At least the CPU won't be a bottleneck :) Plus you can upgrade the GPU to something without having to worry about the CPU for a good few years now.

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Come on guys, take a look at my signature, then at CPUz etc, I bought the card to put in a HTPC where it belongs, but figured why not have some fun with it and see how well it performs first.  Just gotta play around with it a bit later tonight and see.  I ran into some BIG issues that I'll detail later, but long story short corsair had better make this the easiest RMA ever or I shall be even more pissed than I am now.

We didn't have a AIO cooler leak did we?

Someone's good at this guessing game.  I was looking over the GTX 770 that usually sits in the top slot and noticed a sort of a slime like film over the back of the card.  Yeah turns out a fairly large amount of coolant (considering how little an AIO system like the H100i has in total) has spilled onto my GTX 770/run off towards the bottom of the case.  Only a little got on the second GTX 770. The 750 ti is too short to get any on it based on the leak location.

2cp4vsy.jpg

Looks like someone dropped the 750ti's cooler at the factory too, it has a bent fin not that it matters at all.

zvc6eb.jpg

It's a nice little card that I think will work well for my needs

2ebcnd1.jpg

Well, I submitted a support ticket with Corsair right after I posted the pic of the issue here...still no response from them.  This is turning into a "cchalo gets pissed because his 4930K is a paperweight without a cooler" post, though I did "source" a crappy AIO cooler from an ibuypower build  that just works with it.  How the hell it got certification for skt 2011 I'll never know but @ stock speeds and undervolted it doesn't get too hot...(It can keep it under 60C MOST of the time assuming I keep the room ~66F and don't fold on it)

EDIT:

Forgot the pic of this awesome gaming powerhouse:

2qu3ytg.jpg

Edited by cchalogamer

corsair was awesome with RMA when my fan controller stopped working on the H100. took a total of 2 week from ticket to receiving a H100i in it's place. I thought it would take months so I actually bought a H100i replacement, so I sold the RMA one when I got it.