I look for a modem/router with a good wi-fi power

FoxUlisse

Hello, I'm using an old Netgear DG840GT and I'd like to replace it with a new modem/router. But I'd like it with more wi-fi power than Netgear DG840GT (more wi-fi cover). I'm not an expert and I'm thinking about ASUS RT-N66U. Do you think its wi-fi range is better tha my old Netgear? If you have to suggest another modem/router, different than ASUS RT-N66U it is ok.

My budget is around $150-$160.

Thanks for your info.

I needed to upgrade a clients router so I just got a Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600 Wireless N Dual Band Router for less than $30 off of Ebay and that included the shipping. It is a solid wireless router and effective. It is NOT a DSL modem. But, you can still get one on Ebay for less than $50.

The ASUS RT-N66U is great, but it seems like you won't be needing the 5GHz band since you want a wider range. I used to use an ASUS RT-NI6, and it was really good and reliable.

I'm sorry, I have made an error. ASUS RT-N66U is a router only, I mean ASUS DSL-N55U. Do you know it?

Edited by FoxUlisse

I wanted to pass this comment on. In the past 6 months, I have replaced several friends D-Link routers because they were dropping signal. One, a D-Link DIR651 was only a year old. I haven't used D-Link in a long time because I had problems with them in the past. And, as the Voice of Computing Reason said, get an N routher. Cost is way down and it will transmit thru walls a lot better than G routers.