Problems with my drive!

Alejoss!

Hello guys, I've been having some problems for a while, but i never really find any explanation about what exactly it is! so... i'll ask you :D!

First of all... i have a Hitachi Sata2 Drive 500gb don't really know the model or anything.

When my windows starts its extremely slow! i have to give it a little time to load so i can open anything, the usage goes all the way to 100% as you can see in the screenshots!

I tried a few things, like defrag and hdd regen, the usual stuff but nothing seems to work!

Looking forward for your help! thanks :)

post-78029-0-88317400-1397607342_thumb.jpg

post-78029-0-42478200-1397607350_thumb.jpg

It's probably slow when you start because you have too many programs starting with your pc , go into msconfig from search and click startup programs and disable what you don't need. I only have av starting with mine.

How long's "awhile"?? Did it progressively get slower in that time frame or instantly got slower and has been that way for said time interval?

It stays for like... maybe 5 minutes, sometimes even more! but, it happens randomly when using the computer not only at start up, response time goes up like crazy i've seen even 20k ms

Download( hd tune) it's free and shows a lot of info.

http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

I'll give it a try and post the results!

Edited by Alejoss!

Hardware possibility:

Another easy take, you could use CPUid- Hardware monitor to check out HDD temps. If it's getting hot, it is probably dying

If you have more time, try a checkdisk (command prompt in Administrator mode, then type chkdsk /f) , the /f will ask for a reboot.

With those two, you will see if a HDD is dying. The tool suggested by Spike is sensitive to smaller degradation.

Software possibility:

I can see that you have WIndows 8. This is a fast booting OS usually. Have you updated any prior OS to Win8 or did you format it and then installed WIn8? This can be a potential issue.

Also, antiviruses can take a bunch of resources (I don't know AVG, some people like it, some don't), What if you disabled it (msconfig even), reboot and see what goes?

Other than that, maybe we would like to know since how long do you possess the HDD and how long did you refresh to Win8.

Hardware possibility:

Another easy take, you could use CPUid- Hardware monitor to check out HDD temps. If it's getting hot, it is probably dying

If you have more time, try a checkdisk (command prompt in Administrator mode, then type chkdsk /f) , the /f will ask for a reboot.

With those two, you will see if a HDD is dying. The tool suggested by Spike is sensitive to smaller degradation.

Software possibility:

I can see that you have WIndows 8. This is a fast booting OS usually. Have you updated any prior OS to Win8 or did you format it and then installed WIn8? This can be a potential issue.

Also, antiviruses can take a bunch of resources (I don't know AVG, some people like it, some don't), What if you disabled it (msconfig even), reboot and see what goes?

Other than that, maybe we would like to know since how long do you possess the HDD and how long did you refresh to Win8.

I think i did a fresh install for win8... and that was more than year from today i guess, the drive it's pretty old, maybe 3 or 4 years these are the results from HD tune.

I'll try disabling avg and see how it goes!

post-78029-0-29247700-1397627334_thumb.jpg

I had one that worked like that , it was not good for an os drive but I have been using it for the last year as a storage drive for not so important data and it runs fine for that.

Usually when they drop to 1 or 2 mbs like yours did there's a problem with them.

Edited by SpikeSoprano