XSPC Has Lost My Business, FCPU Is Taking Care of Me

Recently I came into possession of an MSI 780ti. The PCB is the Nvidia reference layout, so any waterblock for a 780ti reference will fit.

Since I have a custom water loop, I spent a lot of time researching what block to use. I originally wanted the EK acetal with the backplate, but FCPU was all out of backplates. So I saw they also offered the XSPC Razor full cover and the backplate, both in stock. 

I went on the XSPC website to verify that this waterblock would fit my card, and for the GTX TITAN/780/780ti waterblock, the MSI card is listed as compatible. Great, so I order both the card and the backplate from FCPU.

Both of them arrived 4/4/14, and tonight I finally received all the parts I needed to upgrade my PC. Got the fan and heatsink off the board, got the waterblock prepared, and go to test fit before putting thermal grease/pads. What, the waterblock will not fit? While studying the waterblock, there was one part that stood out right away, one of the silver and blue cylinders (no idea what they are really called) sticks out of the line of them, and the waterblock cover only has room for the single line. Also, the power connectors hit the edge of the acrylic cover, thus making another spot that won't allow it to fit.

I start doing research again, and turns out EK full cover blocks compensated for both of these issues on the 780ti boards, and which is why their 780 blocks do not have the changes. So XSPC is selling waterblocks listed that will fit 780ti reference boards but they in fact will not.

Talk about a hassle, I am out of money, out of a usable waterblock, and my PC will be down for a while. Sure, I could take my dremel and grind those sections out, but I do not feel I should have to, as I bought something that was listed as compatible.

/endrant

*Update* After about two weeks, FCPU finally got back to me after they contacted XSPC. They said XSPC was sending them updated covers for the blocks they already have, and asked if I wanted one. Since I already purchased another waterblock, I declined. FCPU agreed to take the block and backplate back for a refund and waive the 20% restocking fee. Who knows if they will refund the shipping as well, because their policies say they will not, but they have been good to me so far so I do not see why not. XSPC still will not have my business because I feel like they had enough time to update the cover and then act like they have had the revision for a while, but that is just my opinion. Anyway, my issue is resolved.

Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-780-GTX-Ti-3GB-GDDR5-

Edited by TraptPatriot

Don't judge before calling - they are a 100% stand-up business and I have no doubt they'll make it right.

Every time I've called them the experience has been more than pleasant. :cheers:

Again, you guys missed my point. Their policies, even for defective items, are what's going to stop me from doing business with them. I have to pay to return a defective item then I also can't get refunded or credited for the shipping that I paid previously? Those are some pretty strict rules for returns, when most places I buy from are not like this.

No need to insult us. I think we're able to understand where you come from, as a frustrated consumer. All we're asking you do is make a phone call. Often times, retailers will be willing to co-operate once they know your story.

honestly this sounds like it's all XSPC fault and FCPU is just along for the ride because you bought from them. Sure 20% restocking sounds high but I think newegg is 15% and they don't pay for shipping either.

honestly this sounds like it's all XSPC fault and FCPU is just along for the ride because you bought from them. Sure 20% restocking sounds high but I think newegg is 15% and they don't pay for shipping either.

I don't buy from Newegg. Amazon for me... And you are missing the parts where I have to pay for return shipping and they won't refund the original shipping.

But, again, I have to call them. XSPC won't receive my business, FCPU is still up in the air.

Again, you guys missed my point. Their policies, even for defective items, are what's going to stop me from doing business with them. I have to pay to return a defective item then I also can't get refunded or credited for the shipping that I paid previously? Those are some pretty strict rules for returns, when most places I buy from are not like this.

Call them. It's a generic policy and I'm betting they'll waive it.

Mistakes happen so let them make it right.