[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done!

OrangeClockwerk

AyI9EQf.jpg

Hey there everyone! Well I have been busy lately! Finished up Grey Matter, started my Fractal Design build, and also started a 4x2CNC build. I took the case feet from my fractal build and moved them to this project because I have a good idea for them. I want to thank the companies so far supporting this build, I appreciate it!

eYVxpq9.png

About this project:

Again I was looking into color schemes that are not often worked with, I wanted to do something unique and creative like Grey Matter, so I decided to use a ROG theme!:thumb: Haha just playing!:duh: I decided on a glossy brushed copper and white theme, I am calling it Cyprus 29. I came up with the name because the first copper mines in the world were located on the island of Cyprus and 29 is the atomic number on the periodic table for copper. I have some copper sheet, white paint and acrylic, brushed copper vinyl wrap. I will be using white Primochill revolvers with 1/2" copper tubing and white pastel liquid. Its going to be an interesting theme and a lot of fun to do!

Don't forget to look here for quick links to my updates! I hope to add videos along the way as well!
[x] Update 1 : March 10 : Panel work and painting. Theme now visible.
[x] Update 2 : March 24 : structure is up! More paint more copper!
[x] Update 3 : April 9th : Structure strength and interior panel work. 

[x] Update 4 : April 22nd : Top pedestal, Fiberglass work.

[x] Update 5 : May 5th : Gusset, Shroud, and Sponsors!

[x] Update 6 : May27th : Parts came in! Custom LED trim!

[x] Update 7 : June 9th : Starting custom waterfall reservoirs!

[x] Update 8 : June 24th : Custom reservoir trim!

[x] Update 9 : July 10th : z97, Power supply mod, Swiftech sponsors build!

<> PC Components:
[x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 935
[x] PSU : Cooler Master V750w Semi-modular Gold Plus
[x] CPU: Intel
[x] MoBo: Asus z97 Sabertooth
[x] RAM: 
[x] GPU: 2x Evga 780 GTX
[x] SSD: 2x Corsair Force LX 256Gb - Raid 0
[x] Optical: 

<> Water Cooling System:
[x] 2x Handmade acrylic waterfall reservoirs
[x] Primochill 1/2"OD PETG Tubing
[x] 15x Primochill Nickel Plated Bulkhead
[x] 50x Primochill Revolver Fittings - Straight Knurl
[x] Primochill Intensifier Sicle Colors
[x] Swiftech Apogee XL - Clear - CPU Block
[x] 2x Swiftech Komodo-NV GPU Block
[x] Swiftech 240mm Radiator
[x] Swiftech 360mm Radiator
[x] Swiftech PWM MCP35x2 Pump - With Heatsink

<> Mod Parts:
[x] 1/8" white acrylic sheet
[x] 1/8" clear acrylic sheet
[x] 3/8" aluminum clockwerk case cubes
[x] 3mm white LED
[x] Mod/Smart white MaxCord paracord
[x] 2x Mod/Smart 20 light LED board

Parts bought from MNPCtech.com

M3 PC Radiator screws.
m3_ek_alphacool_feser_radiator_screws_an

PC Modders Mesh Sheets.
mesh5_09fg-5q.32.jpg

Rubber U-channel panel edge and window trim. 
Uchannel1_6iva-5n.jpg

Alright. With all that out of the way, lets take a look at this beast of a case. First thing I did was get it out of the box and tear some of it down to start planning the component orientation. Thanks again to Cooler Master North America for the case! :thumb:

FXLhFMv.jpg

AfLcvsG.jpg

dk0k5Uo.jpg

IrU91Zf.jpg

dVpxsdi.jpg

In case you missed them on he Black Frost Fractal build, here are the beast mode case feet from Casefeet.com. I am going to make copper rings for them.

dgbefw2.jpg

gl9IxYH.jpg

One gripe I found about the case is these glued in filters, they are a pain when it comes to modding. So I proceeded to razor them all out. 

uncu2xY.jpg

For the component orientation I decided on, I will be using the small case on the bottom as a pedestal. and I also flipped the case so the back door is now the front window so I can flip the motherboard 270

Edited by OrangeClockwerk

Then I did a little prep work and painted the mesh. I painted it a bright white and the plastic panels will be painted with polished copper. Ill have some of that next update. First I scuffed the mesh then washed it off. Let it dry then tack cloth it. Then I sprayed paint adhesive then the paint follow by clear coat. I am using acrylic lacquer paint now as opposed to acrylic enamel in the past.

J6QJDsb.jpg

8SHC3dZ.jpg

WeXSZGF.jpg

tCy9FHt.jpg

v73lQmg.jpg

qz8JKk7.jpg

Well that is what I have for now. I should have an update at least once a week, I try for every Monday. I hope you enjoyed it and are excited as I am!:rock: Talk to you all very soon!

Bot a fan of the stacker personally but this looks like it'll be a pretty interesting build.

This will be my 3rd HAF mod. I have liked them so far. Basically i just look at the Bezel of a case. Thats the only thing left some what the same when im done modding lol

Hey everyone! I got busy on this build over the last week. I really have to say I am excited to see this build come to be. The copper and white color scheme is really growing to be my favorite scheme yet!

Well lets get into it! Some copper film and paracord came in the mail through the week. I also picked up some painting supplies to start.

8bpCfGt.jpg

mHkNvU3.jpg

cq4uBzP.jpg

I disassembled the entire case.

OPHEC56.jpg

hV5GzHN.jpg

Once it was apart I did some work to both bottom panels. I removed most of the top case bottom panel and I added the massive case feet to the bottom case bottom panel. I am going to file down the top case bottom panel when my U-channel arrives.

Rlh3mBp.jpg

e3sGyo0.jpg

rlI3E31.jpg

8qKq3La.jpg

Tnmzag0.jpg

XnCH093.jpg

After razor cutting out 75% of the dust filters that are cast into the bezel, I decided to cut the honeycomb plastic fronts out. They are barely visible through the mesh anyway. I will be painting the bezel with this metallic copper paint I just ordered, as long as it matches the copper correctly. All the plastics in the build will get the copper paint and should be prepped and ready when it arrives.

GdnfLtY.jpg

ONgIZqF.jpg

fNTow8e.jpg

PBWKIcO.jpg

CYYJwcO.jpg

1b2Bmfd.jpg

vgPlAJ7.jpg

Most work went into the bottom case, or pedestal if you will. First, I had to remove some material from the front.

KW0E8Fy.jpg

BaqczcE.jpg

27Imvz6.jpg

Then I removed the back panel.

A7OoXFc.jpg

2fg16jQ.jpg

After that I was able to paint and do a little assembly.

r6in1H9.jpg

TU2FZzd.jpg

hYkp0iO.jpg

I made a new rear panel out of white acrylic. I made new rear panels because of the way my components will be installed.

J4aSPIa.jpg

L0SMyKW.jpg

GkcvYaj.jpg

Then I made a made a new floor out of acrylic and wrapped it in the copper film. I got excited when I saw the copper on the white! Its exactly as awesome at I thought it would be!

x0Wi7m6.jpg

H66VhAc.jpg

ARNyrAq.jpg

tlGv9bg.jpg

ySYq8GV.jpg

The last thing I was working on was my logo plate for the back door of the bottom case. I'm cutting "Cyprus 29" out of white acrylic and attaching it to a polished copper panel backdrop.

I cut the copper with the Bosch Colt, that boy is a champ!

Kvl8bq8.jpg

CLTOsLA.jpg

amRPfUW.jpg

Once it was cut I started scuffing the oxidation off. Even the brushed copper look is really nice. I will get it polished and finished for next update. I set it where its going to be mounted for a photo.

BJZ9rDD.jpg

usetbEK.jpg

kB6HyBC.jpg

Well thats all I got for now. Thanks for watching!

Looks pretty neat so far, while white and copper wouldn't be my choice for a color scheme I think so far it looks awesome.

Are you using copper film and copper sheeting?

Edited by Andrewr05
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone! I wanted to share what I have done over the last couple weeks. I have 5 times the number of forums to update this time around so I am trying to stay on a 2 week update schedule unlike last build I tried to update every week. 

If you would like to see some live updates check out my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. I regularly post photos and share my work as I am doing it. Then head back to the forums for a bi-weekly update. I also share the work of friends and other modders I have met along the way in my time modding!Basically I just wanted to let you know where I can be found in between updates, now Ill get to my work.

A few Items arrived from MNPCtech.com! Some Modders mesh, U-channel, rad screws, and a monkey modding decal!

Q9JvqWU.jpg

I also found some metallic copper paint that matched almost exactly to brushed copper. I would of liked to stay with the reflective polished look but I also liked the brushed look very much as well. I am just happy I found a match!

PJEf4bb.jpg

One of the first things I worked on was building an extension area between the 2 cases to route tubing from bulkheads and route wires. For the way I want to run all my tubing it is definitely needed. The sad thing is i changed my mind on the way I will build it after a lot of work put into building up a frame out of MicroRax. I ran out of parts for the MicroRax and had to make my own. It was a huge pain and I decided to eventually fall back onto the aluminum cubes for an easier cleaner look.

DN3i6Aa.jpg

I had to make cut outs to avoid screws.

eYr3GEW.jpg

AXjGpna.jpg

MyjIhKl.jpg

fTk085D.jpg

iVB6GhQ.jpg

That wasn't bad, the annoying thing was making the slide in threaded inserts.

GAVihP3.jpg

Xo9k5lL.jpg

f5pr9o8.jpg

kVyUdF4.jpg

QTsT23z.jpg

The good thing was, by doing all this work, I got a good look at what I will be working with when I build it back up in the next week and create the interior panel layouts. I have a few cool ideas right now for the panels to close in the extension area too.

RClEUnu.jpg

PyQSSrs.jpg

i5UePKX.jpg

TQFtKPM.jpg

G3k1UIE.jpg

After building up the case I broke it back down to do a little painting and redesign. I had a MNPCtech billet fan grill I have been wanting to use so I painted it according to the theme and got it mounted. Its use will be to mount a fan the pulls air into the PSU.

P1i5rJh.jpg

3OoKupc.jpg

uALa6Ba.jpg

YErMjDM.jpg

b3B8Op2.jpg

nIKFmGw.jpg

It the end I think it looks like it really belongs on this panel lol.

AKXd0nG.jpg

I put the panel back on and got a shot showing how it mounts and its purpose..

hgNiYiP.jpg

k5FrHo5.jpg

The good thing was, by doing all this work, I got a good look at what I will be working with when I build it back up in the next week and create the interior panel layouts. I have a few cool ideas right now for the panels to close in the extension area too.

RClEUnu.jpg

PyQSSrs.jpg

i5UePKX.jpg

TQFtKPM.jpg

G3k1UIE.jpg

After building up the case I broke it back down to do a little painting and redesign. I had a MNPCtech billet fan grill I have been wanting to use so I painted it according to the theme and got it mounted. Its use will be to mount a fan the pulls air into the PSU.

P1i5rJh.jpg

3OoKupc.jpg

uALa6Ba.jpg

YErMjDM.jpg

b3B8Op2.jpg

nIKFmGw.jpg

It the end I think it looks like it really belongs on this panel lol.

AKXd0nG.jpg

I put the panel back on and got a shot showing how it mounts and its purpose..

hgNiYiP.jpg

k5FrHo5.jpg