Intel Rapid Storage Technology

xPETEZx

Hi All,

So I just re-built my server to the spec in my signature.

I transferred over 4x 1TB Samsung F3 drives which where configured in 2x RAID 1 arrays on my old Intel DP35DP board.

I had a backup of all the data and was expecting to need to format these as I was not planning to use the motherboards RAID. (Was going to try storage pools)

Anyway, when I connected them to my board, with the board in "AHCI" mode, not RAID the Raid Arrays where detected.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology tray Icon showed that it was rebuilding an array. However when I opened it, only my 2x SSD drives showed up. None of the disks in the RAID1.

The rebuild eventually completely, but IRST has a warning triangle in the tray saying that data could be at risk.

When I open the panel, all I see is some error about Link Power Management being enabled. Now this may be all its alerting me to, but since I cant see the RAID arrays I am not sure if there is an error on these too.

I have googled, but cant seem to find anyway to make IRST detect my RAID 1 arrays.

Anybody had this happen?

I can see and access the disks just fine from Windows.

This is what's confused me, I am not in RAID mode, yet the disks still function in a RAID.

Literally the only issue is that I cannot see the arrays in IRST. This would not worry me if it where not for the constant warning message that IRST throws up saying my data may be @ risk.

• 2 weeks later...

incase anybody is intersted and has the same issue, I resolved this by changing to RAID mode in the BIOS.

Luckly with Windows 8.1 you can just boot to Safe mode and have windows install the relevant drivers.

No need to connect the boot disk to another contoller and boot off that while you make the change.

Turns out the warning must have been to do with the fact I was not in RAID mode, as now there is no more warning. Just a green tick and all the disks show up just fine.