Turtle Rock's Evolve

ClayMeow

evolve_cover_exp.jpg

I've been posting about Turtle Rock's new game Evolve on the front page and now that more information is coming to light, I've realized it's intriguing enough to start a thread!

Evolve "pits a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player-controlled monster that grows larger and more powerful over the course of matches."

Source

Turtle Rock is the indie studio behind the Left 4 Dead series, so they certainly have the multiplayer pedigree.

The game will feature multiple creatures, but only one has been unveiled so far:

The Goliath

- large; bipedal; spiky body and tail; big arms; sharp, gnarly teeth

- three evolutionary stages that see it grow from 10' to 30'+

- four abilities: Flame Breath, Leap Attack, Charge Attack, Rock Throw

- players choose two abilities to start and then get an additional selection with each evolution

Update 2014-01-14:

Pre-Order Bonuses Announced

Update 2014-01-18:

Four Hunters Have Been Unveiled

Name: Markov
Class: Assault
Class Ability: Personal Shield

Read more about him

Name: Griffin
Class: Trapper
Class Ability: Mobile Arena

Read more about him

Name: Hank
Class: Support
Class Ability: Cloaking Device

Read more about him

Name: Val
Class: Medic
Class Ability: Health Burst

Read more about him

Update 2014-02-11:

First Official Trailer

http://youtu.be/zlaPT08Tmxc

Two gameplay videos courtesy of IGN!

For some reason when I first pictured this game, I thought of Monster Hunter in L4D styling with the monster being played by a person. Now I want that to be a thing, as well as whatever they are actually making.  

Well it is kind of like that, but I'd assume far less monsters. If you had an open world with player-controlled monsters then you'd inevitably have teaming up, so I think this way makes it so it'll only ever be 4v1 - although technically they never said that was the only mode.

Updated the OP with new info about the hunters, plus wrote an article that highlights each one if you just want a quick synopsis instead of reading the individual Game Informer pages.

The pre-order bonus DLC turned me off a little, but now after reading about the four hunters, I'm intrigued again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...