motherboard 2500k hd6870 crossfire

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ergo_proxy

Ergo_proxy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I was doing some cleaningwork on my pc this week and unfortunately broke a pin off of my p8p67 pro board.

This obviously results in having to buy a new board, but it's been a while since i last read up on them and the p8p67's

aren't sold anymore. Seeing as i need my pc to be up and running again ASAP i also do not have the time to do a lot of

research, so I was hoping for a little help. I'm looking for a budget board for about 100-150 euro's with proper OC abilities. This motherboard is the last component that will be changed as I will not upgrade the system anymore before buying a completely new one in a couple of years. Hence im looking for the perfect fit for this setup.

I will list everything about my setup as i'm not 100% sure what matters and what doesn't.

My pc is currently equipped with the following components:

Casing:

-CM Storm Scout Case.

-OCZ TX750M PSU.

-Scythe kaze Master Pro Fan Controller.

-3x 120mm fan, 2x 140mm fan, 1x80mm external fan.

-1x dvd writer.

Components:

-i5 2500k Processor.

-Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler.

-2x XFX hd6870 Black Ed. (Crossfire).

-2x Corsair 4 GB module's (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9).

-2x Corsair 2 GB module's (CMV4GX3M2A1333C9).

-1x Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD.(MZ-7TE250).

-1x Western Digital SATA 2.0Tb HDD (WD20EARS).

It would be of great help if any of you would share your knowledge with me.

#2 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Can you list a few retailers where you can shop (preferably online)? That way we can see what things cost in your neck of the woods. :)

Posted Image

Booyah.

#3 Ergo_proxy

Ergo_proxy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Sure thing,

I always use this site for price comparison: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

A shop I use a lot is: http://www.4launch.nl

Other viable shops are:

- http://www.azerty.nl

- http://www.alternate.nl

- http://www.informatique.nl

Edited by Ergo_proxy, 05 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#4 StefenHeif

StefenHeif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

It depends... if you MIGHT upgrade to a Ivy-Bridge later (which I doubt since the difference is quite small)

You have at Azerty the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, The ASUS P8Z68-V, MSI Z77A-GD55 (Ivy bridge compatible)

At Alternate and 4launch.nl, you have the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, ASUS P8Z77-V LK AND MSI Z77A-G45 GAMING.  (all Ivy bridge compatible)

Those are all around 120-130 euros. To be fair, pick one you want, that you have good customer service at the other end.

I had 2 Asus boards fail on me quickly, but it can be anything, and customer service has been good. Nothing but positive

about the Gigabyte, as I have a X58-UD3R and A75M-D2H. MSI in Canada, the shop close to me refuses to deal with them

since they had problems with service in the past.

#5 Ergo_proxy

Ergo_proxy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

I have had some massive luck. Decided to go with the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming board when my colleague suggested I'd buy an unused board he had laying around for 75 euro's. Turns out it's a Asus Z77 Maximus V Extreme board. He had it laying around because he builds pc for people. And the client that wanted that board declined it because 2 leds on the numeric indicator did not work. The company he bought it from didn't want to take it into RMA for that. So at the end of the day I got myself an almost brand new high end board for little money. Lucky me! :D

#6 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • 20264 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Nice work, enjoy it!

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe | Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 12GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: *Debranded* HP 24" 2408H | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#7 Ergo_proxy

Ergo_proxy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Unfortunately i celebrated too soon... Its not a extreme its a gene, which by no means is a bad board but I am concerned about my crossfire hd6870 cards sitting so close together... Is there a solution to this problem or am I just forced to keep searching for a board that better suits my needs? If so then how would the MSI Z77a-gd65 Gaming compare performance wise?

#8 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • 20264 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'd give it a try and then sell it if it doesn't meet your needs :)

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe | Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 12GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: *Debranded* HP 24" 2408H | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#9 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

You won't have any issues. Performance will be identical to all Z77 boards.

Posted Image

Booyah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motherboard, 2500k, hd6870, crossfire