Controller for PC and XBox 360

Hiya guys!

I'm mainly looking for advice from people who own a licenced XBox controller like the Razer onza etc etc and whether they have they exact same compatibility and functionality in PC games(and steam) as the Microsoft 360 as my Wireless RumblePad 2 is starting to become annoying and buying the Microsoft receiver is pretty much the same cost as a new wired controller  :(

I was looking to get the Official BF4 controller.

Edited by DanTheGamer11

far as i know microsoft tries very hard to block all 3rd party controllers. I would just go with a official wired one.

Not true.

If I had a 360, this would probably be atop my wishlist: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153118

I tried it out at CES and the build quality and comfort was amazing - certainly the best 360 controller I've held.

I often scoff at Razer products because they tend to be overpriced, but because of the dual usage (360 and PC) and extra triggers, I'd strongly consider it worth the price.

I have the Razer Onza Tournament edition, the buttons feels sturdier than a normal 360 controller.

I have two of them, works as well on PC and 360, just as a regular controller.

One thing tho, I don't know if it's only me, the right trigger goes on and off on me,

Cleaning it with rubbing alcohol seems to do the trick, but for how long...

Take note that I did not eat while playing / put it deliberately in dirt, so I just might be

unlucky, as my other controller is just

"X360 Update blocks unlicensed controllers " google it.

That is entirely different than what you originally stated, that "microsoft tries very hard to block all 3rd party controllers" - the aforementioned Razer controllers are officially supported, as are several other third party controllers.

It's really a block on wireless controllers more than anything, since MS doesn't really like sharing its wireless technology for the controllers with other companies. That's why any third-party controller is of the wired variety, since it's the only kind MS will allow.

That Sabertooth Elite controller seems interesting, but I don't think I'll ever use those extra triggers on 360, would they be programmable on PC?

Has it got the same compatibility as an official Microsoft one(Windows 7 & Windows 8), if not I don't think it's worth

I used to use one of our wireless controllers with the USB wireless thingy from eBay -- worked great. Was a hassle at times and I finally just bought an old wired one off someone here on the forums. :P

That Sabertooth Elite controller seems interesting, but I don't think I'll ever use those extra triggers on 360, would they be programmable on PC?

Has it got the same compatibility as an official Microsoft one(Windows 7 & Windows 8), if not I don't think it's worth

Yeah the pricing in Europe(well most of it) sucks :(

Via software on PC or the inbuilt screen? I've read (at least for 360) that the programmable buttons can only copy the functions of the buttons on the controller(no extra ones for a flight sim etc?) so if that's true I don't think I wanna pay x3.5 the price of the MS one. 

Yeah the pricing in Europe(well most of it) sucks :(

Via software on PC or the inbuilt screen? I've read (at least for 360) that the programmable buttons can only copy the functions of the buttons on the controller(no extra ones for a flight sim etc?) so if that's true I don't think I wanna pay x3.5 the price of the MS one. 

I don't own it (like I said, I don't have a 360, so didn't think it was worth upgrading my current controller), so I couldn't tell you. I'm sure there's an FAQ or forums that can answer your questions on it if you're considering it though.