8 replies to this topic

#1 kennethk

kennethk

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm not sure if this is just for security, but I'm trying to unzip files on my phones internal memory and it wont let me, the only way I can extract is if I move the folder to my desktop then drag the extracted folder back to my phones internal memory. Is this a normal security method with Andoird 4.3? Or is it just because I'm using 7zip? I downloaded winrar and tried making it my default program but no luck it stills hows as 7zip.

Really wish I could experience an SSD but of course my bank tells me that I can not.

• Graphics: CardAMD Radeon HD 7950
    Processor: AMD FX-6300
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    RAM: Crucial Ballstix 8GB Sport Edition
    PSU: Rosewill 630W;Non-modual
    Operating: system64-bit Windows 7

#2 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

When you have more than one software that can open a certain file you either change the defaults in file properties or just right click and pick either 7zip or winrar.

What phone do you have and what error do you get when you try extracting straight in the phone's memory? I never had any issues with my Note II.

#3 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20371 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Try es file explorer

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe | Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 12GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: *Debranded* HP 24" 2408H | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#4 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Try es file explorer

I think he meant when the phone is connected to the PC and the folders are opened through w-explorer.

#5 wevsspot

wevsspot

The Pain of Being a Razorback Fan.....

• 15936 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

The native .zip application on your Droid may not support all archive file extensions (such as 7z for example).

In all likelihood you need a 3rd party archive file handler such as ES File Explorer (as noted by IVI)

10804750996_f1dd23d20e_o.jpg

#6 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Guys... He is using "7zip", there is no "7zip" app for android! So, what our dear friend here is talking about is when he's working on the internal memory of the phone through windows explorer.

#7 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Why are you unzipping folders? Zipped folders are the best thing for someone on android. I have folders of folders of zips. They're used for all sorts of things when you're installing things via CWM Recovery. APKs are also technically zipped files.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#8 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Android is annoying when it comes to accessing files.

Even something as simple as showing the remaining time for the upload/download or the data rate, it just doesn't even bother trying.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#9 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • 20371 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Android is annoying when it comes to accessing files.

Even something as simple as showing the remaining time for the upload/download or the data rate, it just doesn't even bother trying.

I never have a problem seeing upload/download rates and the data rate is probably viewable with different apps/widgets, or even a developer setting.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe | Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 12GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: *Debranded* HP 24" 2408H | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech