This 900D Case is Sponsored by Corsair
planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_

corsair_900_d_ww2_bomber_case_mod_paint_

A lot of inspiration came from "A Story of a Flying Fortress", a documentary about the 25th and last bombing mission of a B17, the "Memphis Belle". The "Memphis Belle" took part in a great bombing raid on sub-pens in Wilhelmshafen, Germany. On their way they encountered heavy AA fire and interceptors. I'll be going with different Pin-up Nose Art tho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1c-GuxeO4A

It would be cool to utilize these accessories

120mm "Sniper" fan grills on the chassis, http://www.mnpctech.com/MnpctechBilletFanGrill.html

0fangrill_casemod_mnpctech.com_Targeted1

Fighter Pilot Toggle Switches, http://www.mnpctech.com/spdprtToggle.html

toggle_switch_pilot_pc_case_mod_compact_

Creating the riveted exterior

Cutting heads off 1/2" diameter Steel Carriage bolts, to simulate the riveted fuselage exterior.

Using Jigsaw with 18 TPI cutting blade, with Carriage bolt held in Bench vise. I cut 50 bolts just under 20 minutes with this technique

Using Barrel Drum attachment on Dremel to smooth bottom surface of Carriage head, before applying to surface of exterior with DP-190 epoxy

The exterior panels of the Corsair 900D was painted Flat Green, with the inner sides of the front and rear plates painted Battle Ship Grey.

The front of the Corsair 900D will have replica ww2 Bomb, Thanks to the help of FannBlade! He is creating the replica from Fiberglass.

FannBlade holding up foam replica he made in his cnc Lathe... with 3D drawing of the bomb on his screen

Overall length will be 13"

More coming soon!

I applied Flat Green :) 

The side panels are ready for airbrushing and graphics. I will start by adding Bomb KILLS on the lower panel and USAF Insignia on upper right corner.

I'm going to combine this 480 version of this 360 Overkill billet radiator grill with 4x Sniper grills, and paint it

Corsair mentioned they may have artwork for the Pin Up Girl..In meantime, here are some samples of Pin-Up Art I like.

Edited by mnpctech