48 replies to this topic

#1 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

I have a whole heap of great games in my inventory, that I have had for ages now and I figured I would give them away. I have ten codes in all and some are for double game packs.

Week 1 is Zombie Week

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are up for grabs

Winner - EuroFight

Week 2 is FPS RPG Week

Boarderlands GOTY is up for grabs

What's your favourite role playing FPS game?

Rules -
- If you own the game you're ineligable for the prize but feel free to post on the current topic, just add "Not entering the draw" to the top of your post.
- The winner will be drawn randomly at the end of the week (Wednesdays 9pm Australian EST)
- You must have a minimum 50 posts and have been a member of OCC for 50 days
- Open to Staff, Moderators, all levels of members and I guess Dave too
- Discussion is welcome in the thread but only your first post with "Entry" placed at the top counts

Now worry not we have ten weeks to work this out haha

Best of luck to you all

Stoner

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#2 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

Enter

Killing Floor mainly because it's fun as hell with friends and the gunplay is satisfying. Plus you can't just not save those gnomes :( 

Cool idea btw ;)

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#3 bilcliff

bilcliff

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

Not entering the draw

Dead Rising 2 - fun killing zombies with different novelty weapons or finding the different combo weapons. Difficulty balancing issues aside, it is fun trying to find all the outfits you can dress chuck in. Its a good old fashioned "fun" game that doesn't take itself too seriously

I've got spare steam copies of Portal 2, Binding of Issac (vanilla) & Terraria that i've had sat around for ages if you want to add them to your prize pool ;).

also might wanna check if the l4d2 you're giving away is the aussie low violence version. other than that, pretty awesome, well done :thumbsup:

I7 3770 / Z77X-UD3H / 16GB Ripjaws X PC3-14900 / Samsung 840 250GB /

Gigabyte HD 7950 / Antec 1200 / Corsair TX650M / Win 7 64 bit

#4 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Not entering the draw

Dead Rising 2 - fun killing zombies with different novelty weapons or finding the different combo weapons. Difficulty balancing issues aside, it is fun trying to find all the outfits you can dress chuck in. Its a good old fashioned "fun" game that doesn't take itself too seriously

I've got spare steam copies of Portal 2, Binding of Issac (vanilla) & Terraria that i've had sat around for ages if you want to add them to your prize pool ;).

also might wanna check if the l4d2 you're giving away is the aussie low violence version. other than that, pretty awesome, well done :thumbsup:

Yeah alright, if you wanna donate them. I'll do a couple double prize weeks. Portal 1 and 2 bundle runner up portal 2 and The Binding of Isaac and Terraria runner up The Binding of Isaac.

It probably is but with a little Googling you can find descriptions on how to uncensor the game.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

#5 Onion

Onion

OCC Lawyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Entry.

I've only played a couple zombie games as I'm not a big fan of the whole zombie thing, but I really enjoyed L4D 1 and 2 when I played the demos. They seem to have the right amount of zombie-ness to them but are still fun shooter games. I like how there are different types of mini-bosses (I guess you can call them that) like the smoker, boomer, hunter, witch, etc. I also really like the 4 player co-op, which is what makes it my favorite zombie game. 

Thanks for the contest, stoner!

Edited by Onion, 23 July 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Rig 1: Q9450 @ 4.0 â–º P45-UD3R â–º GTX 275 â–º 2 x 2 G Series â–º 2x Raptor 150 â–º Truepower Quattro 1kw â–º WC'd â–º 3d Aurora 570
Rig 2: Q6700 @ 4.0 â–º 780i â–º 8800 GTS 512 â–º 4 x 1 Tracers â–º 2 x 640GB AAKS â–º Corsair 650TX â–º Temp. Stock Cooling â–º Antec 900
Rig 3: E2200 â–º P35-DS3L â–º 2900 ICEQ â–º 2 x 1GB Ballistix â–º WD 320 â–º Antec Earthwatts 380 â–º Stock Cooling â–º Ultra Armor
Rig 4: E2160 â–º P35-DS3L â–º 8400 GT â–º 2 x 1GB ballistix â–º WD 320 â–º Antec Earthwatts 430 â–º Stock Cooling â–º Custom Case
OCC - Home of the Potato Overclock

#6 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Only two entries, that's dissapointing.

Posted Image

#7 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

Yeah, either everybody has them or the forums are a bit dead

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#8 ccokeman

ccokeman

Frank <3 Reesa

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11361 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Entry

Ok Ill play

Left for Dead

If you want just a good time blasting Zombies without having to think your way through a game this one is it for me. Never really played it with a group of people but the 4 person Co-op aspect really gives you options and can pull your fat out of the fire if need be.

Processor Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.6
Memory Mushkin 998995 Blackline 12GB 9-9-9-24
Motherboard MSI X58 Big Bang
Graphics ASUS GTX 580
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor Gateway UXD3000, LG W3000H, ASUS VG236 x 3
Water Cooling By DangerDen & Swiftech
Follow OCC on Posted Image

#9 EuroFight

EuroFight

I'm not lazy, I'm just energy efficient.

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Entry

I've been really busy this week so I haven't noticed this thread (in fact, I've posted maybe twice in the last fortnight), but I'll give this a go, thanks for the contest Stoner :D

I haven't played many zombie games either, but I'm really intrigued by the genre. I've played Zombies on CoD (if this counts) and I think it's an interesting twist on the FPS genre, instead of focusing on few players with lots of health, you're focusing on lots of targets with very little health, so you have to adapt your playstyle a lot.

Processor AMD FX-6100 Hex-core, 3.3GHz > Intel Core 2 Duo, Dual-core, 1.6GHz

Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz >  Crucial 3GB DDR3 1066MHz

Graphics Radeon HD7770 + Radeon HD5570 > Intel 3000 Integrated Graphics

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Socket AM3+ > OEM Latitude XT2 Motherboard Socket P

Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA 7200.14 > Samsung 64GB SSD SATA 3Gbps

Power Supply Cooler Master Elite ATX 500W > OEM Dell Power Supply 90W

Case Zalman Z11 Plus 4x 120mm fans, 3x 80mm > OEM Dell Latitude XT Case

"Sudo make me a sandwich" - BluePanda

#10 96andrei

96andrei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Not entering the draw

I'm not a big fan of zombie games, but I like Killing Floor. It is fun if you play with a friend, otherwise you'll get bored pretty easy (or maybe it's just me). Teamwork is a must if you want to survive on higher difficulties.

you're focusing on lots of targets with very little health, so you have to adapt your playstyle a lot.

Until someone makes a witch angry (L4D) and everyone focuses on a single target with a lot of health.

fss_overall.png

#11 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

I agree with everyone that's recommended Killing Floor and.would probably say it's my favourite but I just really loved Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare.
My favourite thing was being able to ride around on the backs of the four horses of the apocalypse.

Posted Image

#12 Pteroduck

Pteroduck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Entry

I've played L4D1 and it was crazy fun. I never got around to getting L4D2 though